passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Podcasts

Phooey

• 3 months later...

Retronauts-2-cover-art.jpg

If you’re not familiar with the Wario Land series, I completely understand your possible skepticism over this week’s episode topic. But Nintendo’s weird little offshoot platformer series houses some amazingly subversive and impressive ideas, some of which would be stolen wholesale for Mario’s future adventures. In fact, there’s so much to talk about, we unexpectedly went over our planned recording time with barely a mention of Wario Ware! (That’s for another podcast — but no promises.) Our past episodes of Retronauts have done a fine job of covering a most of the major topics, so we’re hoping to both surprise and impress you with the unassuming importance of Wario Land.

http://www.retronauts.com/?p=217

New Retronauts! Wario Land!

• 2 weeks later...

It does get better but it's probably the worst episode I've heard. I feel a bit sorry for Andrea now, whenever she's on its like Garnet is trying to catch her out

I've started listening to the Videogamer podcast, I've only heard a couple of episodes but it seems pretty good so far

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Despite not thinking much of it the first time I heard it, I listened to a few more episodes of Chet and Jon recently because I had run out of my regular podcasts, and I've started enjoying it.

They're often surprisingly uninformed about games for people paid to write about them. But, I've felt that about quite a few games podcasts, especially ones from 'big' sites. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised anymore. Unlike some US podcasts they admit to it when they're being thick, and it's generally entertaining.

I'm still not entirely sure about the format, when it leads to them talking about games they've literally only looked at for a couple of minutes, but the show is funniest when they're slagging terrible download & iOS games.

Also, I think Jon Denton is maybe even more enthusiastic about the Vita than Ed. He's prone to exaggerating it's virtues though. Its quite funny.

I really don't understand the appeal of Chet & Jon. Slating on the bad games is all well and good, but it doesn't really support a whole podcast.

Like Craymen, I don't like how uninformed they seem to be sometimes. When you do something for a living you should be up to date on everything. You wouldn't have a sports broadcaster just making shit up or being inaccurate in what they are saying with facts.

• 5 weeks later...

i really really miss ryan from the giant bombcast, it is just not the same without him. Ive not felt this way about a form of media since joel left northern exposure (but it was still great).

It was still great but it could have been beautiful. :(

Agreed, I think it's been pretty good since Ryan died, not that the 2 are connected necessarily more that the show and people's roles have changed, it feels fresher

I gave up listening to the videogamer podcast but put it on the other day out of boredom. One of them admitted to having not single game in a series then spent 5 minutes making damming sweeping comments about them. You wouldn't put up with that on a forum I'm not sure why it's seen as acceptable for a professional

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else apart from me who listens to Drunken Gamers Radio / DGRadio? Just seen this on GRcade.

Not sure who here listens to Drunken Gamers Radio but recently Hilden who is the main presenter of the three on the show died last week. I have been listening to the show for about 5 years and i am really shocked plus he isn't very old at all. Seems he passed away in his sleep although i have no further information as to how or why. Absolutely gutted.

http://www.robotpanic.com/2013/10/some-words/

http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/116168

Not another one. :(

edit: looks like he died due to complications from Type 1 Diabetes. http://www.bakken-young.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=738:aaron-hilden-10272013&catid=35:obituaries&Itemid=27

• 2 weeks later...