passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Artificial Intelligence

mmmark

• 1 month later...

Here is a video made from AI. I think the idea is the cat is real and everything else is fake

Yeah this is the weirdest “human” I’ve ever seen. It’s not just uncanny valley it’s like a monster pretending to be a human but deforms in real time

I find this hard to watch. It’s really gross

So you must also see it. Share my pain 

The cat has three front legs, so I hope for its sake that it's fake as well.

But yeah, this is not cool. We already know how fast and efficiently misinformation can spread through text and a bit of Photoshop, but this would bring it to an entirely new level.

This isn't the same thing but I saw someone say they should go and remaster Deep Space 9 with AI but it had this same sort of 'wavey' look whenever you look at creases in people's faces. Certain lines being too dark, and skin being too smooth. Detail being removed so that the final image is 'more sharp' and higher resolution, and hallucinating bullshit that isn't there.

I kinda worry at some point rights holders will stop putting in effort with restoring old films and will hit it with the fuck ugly stick of AI cause it's cheaper. They're already doing that with James Cameron's films (pre order Aliens soon!)

https://www.joblo.com/true-lies-gets-a-controversial-4k-upgrade/

This stuff will be built into our TVs at some point and it will become the new motion smoothing, people going to their folks over Christmas and sneakily turning off the option which turns people's faces into fever dreams

2 hours ago, Maf said:

Here is a video made from AI. I think the idea is the cat is real and everything else is fake

Yeah this is the weirdest “human” I’ve ever seen. It’s not just uncanny valley it’s like a monster pretending to be a human but deforms in real time

I find this hard to watch. It’s really gross

So you must also see it. Share my pain 

Holy shit, that is shit. 

The thing that really grosses me out is the girl’s nose/mouth area. It’s so weird. 

There’s lots of this video which is clearly broken (although I actually didn’t really pay attention to the cat) but the ‘girl’ is fucking gross. That is so wrong and creepy 

Love the red nose like a drunk anime character.

There's a lot of reasons why there is a tension between product and art but I'm hoping the worst doesn't happen in the future and it all just becomes product.  It's so sad even a few people want this.

If AI scenes work themselves into the making of films then I'm just going to have to set a cut off point where I stop watching movies made after a certain year.

I already have my hangups with that digital de-aging shit Scorsese used in The Irishman. But at least a human is performing those scenes

• 2 weeks later...