passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sonic Superstars

DANGERMAN

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mostly footage they’ve shown before. Although that motorway style level with the insane background looks like a brand new level. 

I think it’s funny that just as the voice over says something like “the type of gameplay you love from Sonic the Hedgehog” Sonic is slowly climbing a wall. Something he’s never done or you would expect to see Sonic doing 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

via Eurogamer

Sega has unveiled a new post-launch content roadmap for Sonic Frontiers, promising the likes of new playable characters and story content across three free DLC updates throughout 2023.

There's no estimated time of arrival for any of Sonic Frontier's newly announced updates, but the first will introduce a juke box, photo mode, and a selection of new challenge modes.

That'll be followed by a second update celebrating Sonic's birthday - and adding new Koco and a new open zone challenge - suggesting Sega's aiming for a June-ish launch for this one.

Finally, there's the biggie, with Sonic Frontiers' third free update of 2023 teasing new story content and playable characters. The artwork for Update 3 features Tails, Knuckles, and Amy, but it's unclear if these are the new playable characters or just a placeholder design flourish.

That's not quite it for the free stuff, however; Sega has also confirmed Sonic will be getting into the festive spirit on 21st December this year, when Sonic Frontiers players on all platforms can slip the hedgehog into the snazzy Holiday Cheer Suit.

• 6 months later...

Why the fuck would you ok this but not a Mania 2? I mean I like the graphical style they’re going for, I think. But I just don’t get why they’re putting resources into this when Mania 2 would have been a much better investment IMO.

9 minutes ago, mfnick said:

Why the fuck would you ok this but not a Mania 2? I mean I like the graphical style they’re going for, I think. But I just don’t get why they’re putting resources into this when Mania 2 would have been a much better investment IMO.

It's been hinted at that there was a bit of conflict between SEGA/Sonic Team and the Mania Devs.  

• 2 months later...