passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Mortal Kombat 1

DisturbedSwan

12 hours ago, DisturbedSwan said:

I don't think Peacemaker is, he's DC and been on HBO Max and The Suicide Squad film (the good one). 

The other two though, definitely, although The Boys is joint produced by Sony Television so I'm not really sure who would have the rights to that character, but yeah, it's likely WB struck a deal with amazon for those two.

I was talking about Invincible and The Boys tbf

• 3 weeks later...

FUCK YES!!!

can’t wait for this. Sure I’m enjoying SF6 but MK X & XI are where it’s at for me and this just looks like it carrying on being ducking awesome. Character models look weirdly flat though texture wise, or is it me? 

19 minutes ago, mfnick said:

Character models look weirdly flat though texture wise, or is it me? 

There is something that looks a bit off about them. Don't like how tiny Goro looked either. Then again, it's unclear how representative these Kameos are of in-game scaling. The fighting looked slick though. Some interesting bits of lore there also.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tbf this is looking really good... it's a shame I just haven't got the longterm love to give a fighter nowadays... and by the time the price drops I'll have forgotten all about it.☹️

• 2 weeks later...

13gb is pretty paltry nowadays, 100gb for the Starfield pre-load last night 😬

I somehow forgot I pre-ordered this and have a code for the Beta, so I will hopefully have time to play online tonight (assuming that's in the beta) if anyone's about.

I'm pretty sure this is the first beta I've ever played? I just treated it like a demo. Six Kharacters on offer and I was only in the mood to try two at the moment. Liu Kang and Johnny Cage. The Fire God, I didn't really gel with. A sign of how rusty I am with MK (9 being the last one I played). Johnny Cage however, was a lot of fun. Since this is running for a couple days, I'll come back to it at some point to give the other Kharacters a try. The Kameo's are exactly as I expected them to be ala MvC. 

Oh and for the curious, yes I am excited for the new MK. But my day off today, is due to my last Light Therapy session yesterday. So there is some ..discomfort overlap today.

Just gave the “demo” a quick go too, had a few fights with each character. Seems great. Initially I really like Johnny Cage and I never thought I’d say that. He’s always been fun but here he actually seems really good too.

Fatalities are as impressive and ingenious as ever. Favourite so far is Kenshi’s. I can’t for life of me get Jax’s to work though even though it’s a simple command. Only one I’ve not seen so far. 

My initial thoughts on the graphical textures being a bit flat - for lack of a better word - and underwhelming aren’t accurate now either. May be due to it running natively on my Tv or just the extra dev time but it looks fantastic. 

Im not sure how it handles enhanced attacks compared to XI yet. In that they were more powerful, extended and impressive versions of regular specials. Here they are sometimes even less powerful and shorter - I guess it makes them easier to add to combo’s. But not sure.