passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset Γ—
MFGamers

The Last of Us Part I

DisturbedSwan

The discourse around the graphics in The Last of Us remake reminds me of the discourse around this white and gold dress

Β 

The_dress_blueblackwhitegold.jpg

Β 

Β 

I'm not even memeing, I wonder if the asshole on reddit or whatever was right that I need to see an optometrist to see what the big deal is in these comparisons

Β 

Β 

Β 

(I have booked an eye appointment, maybe when I get my new prescription I will agree with this Tom guy and the dress will be black and blue)

Yea I don’t get it. In fact in that one I prefer the old one. The PS5 version looks like it’s had some kind of weird instagram smoothing filter put on it. The PS4 one is less uncanny valley their IMO. The shirt has more detail too. That’s the worse screenshot they could have picked.Β 

On 10/06/2022 at 00:01, mmmark said:

One of the comparisons Joel’s shirt had more detail in the ps4 version.

See. That’s the one I was on about. Not only the shirt but his head looks rounder and he’s aged. He’s older in the remake!?! Grey beard coming through, older face.Β 

Β 

Holy fucking shit 🀯

Β 

Also the Firefly Edition @mmmark posted on the previous page is, unfortunately, US Only 😒 

Β 

Anyone who thinks that the 'old' Joel image above is better than the new one is either high, needs their eyes testing, is a contrarian, concern trolling or hasn't seen the image full screen :lol:

I feel like both of those videos are conveying completely different emotions or something.Β 

Β 

The lighting is a lot better I suppose

Β 

Whole thing still just reminds me a bit of George Lucas revisiting the original trilogy cause he wanted to raise the films to his standard defined by the prequel trilogy. It's obviously not just like that, cause the changes ND make are clearly much better curated than random CG bullshit that Lucas did. But the intent feels pretty similar imo even if the results are different

Β 

edit my point with that image above isnt that the older version looks better, it's that I don't think the difference is 'phenomenal'. 'Concern trolling', lol, this isn't reseteraΒ 

It just comes down to the fact that the original game communicated the drama and performances in it's scenes very affectively and having the Joel's beard and bags under the eyes of the characters more detailed doesn't add anything to this.Β  Having cutscenes be properly in game here is interesting (to tech people) I guess but still, I reiterate my first point.Β  It's like with the first Resident Evil remake and how that was such a leap in tech they retold the game with a different tone (and to think it only came out six years after the original (exciting times)) so it felt really worth it.

Β 

I just don't know why they're doubling down in this way of presenting the game before release, it's just so sad.Β  I don't know why they aren't more excited to show how the game changes with it's TLoUP2 mechanics.Β  Even if it ended up being relatively minor but would be better than this.

I'm sorry maf, you have wrong eyes syndrome. It's probably terminal in your case, you are supposed to see a white and gold dress (people with correct eyes will agree)

7 minutes ago, HandsomeDead said:

I just don't know why they're doubling down in this way of presenting the game before release, it's just so sad.Β  I don't know why they aren't more excited to show how the game changes with it's TLoUP2 mechanics.Β  Even if it ended up being relatively minor but would be better than this.

Β 

Yeah, I mean I still think TLOU2 is one of the best playing TPS games of the last gen. TLOU1 is (IMO) very weak, this is secretly the biggest upgrade here. Or maybe the changes aren't really that significant? It might require new level design

It’s white and gold now. When I was looking at this thread earlier it was blue and black. I looked it up, it’s to do with the light. Maybe because I’m not next to a sunny window anymore it’s changed colour. My mind is collapsing.Β 
Β 

Anyway, that shot of Tess is the first thing I’ve seen so far where I think it is absolutely better. That lighting plus the texture on the shirt. I think it looks multiple times better than the original.

Β 

It’s only the face. The new face looks better, I prefer the old oneΒ 

Β 

But maybe it’s the one I’m used tooΒ 

5 hours ago, DisturbedSwan said:

Β 

Holy fucking shit 🀯

Β 

Also the Firefly Edition @mmmark posted on the previous page is, unfortunately, US Only 😒 

Β 

Anyone who thinks that the 'old' Joel image above is better than the new one is either high, needs their eyes testing, is a contrarian, concern trolling or hasn't seen the image full screen :lol:

Good to see it’s not just Joel that they’ve aged 20 years.Β 

That Tess gif is the first I’ve seen that looks a marked improvement.Β 

Β 

Im sure this is the first β€œground up” remake I’ve seen where every camera shot, every motion, every scene is the exact same though.Β 
Β 

Still pointless. Time could have been better spent doing any other game from their back catalogue.Β