passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Resident Evil 4

one-armed dwarf

Don't really understand what that means tbh. This is definitely a game that the 'mainstream' will be able to play. VR exclusives is a limited niche due to cost, space, accessibility etc. You're rarely going to see it

I think it's a bummer no real gameplay was shown tho. Tho I suppose it's easy to guess what it will be like

It looks so close to the original that I wonder if its existence will be justified. But then again by the time it comes out RE4 will be 18 years old, so if nothing else this gives an entire new generation a chance to play one of the best games ever made. Ashley looks a bit odd though.

yeah I was left kind of wondering if it's a purely cosmetic style upgrade, cause you're getting into modern Resi at this point

The biggest wish I have it, other than the fact it seems it may have a VR mode (VR content is a bit ambiguous), is it would retcon the shit out of Code Veronica and put Claire in it somehow

8 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Don't really understand what that means tbh

Tbf I wrote that before actually watching the trailer... which I thought was going to be heavily VR focused going from the other comments, happily it isn't.

With a bit of luck I'll be able to enjoy RE4 again soon.

8 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

yeah I was left kind of wondering if it's a purely cosmetic style upgrade, cause you're getting into modern Resi at this point

8 hours ago, Maryokutai said:

It looks so close to the original that I wonder if its existence will be justified.

As I understood it with REmake 1. It was a conscious effort to update the oldest games in the series and bring them onto modern hardware. Code Veronica was the last one that needed that upgrade. Considering RE4 still plays better than some of it's contemporaries now.

After watching the trailer, this is literally the most blatant "milk the cash cow" release, I think I've seen in quite some time.

I'd imagine there using the same voice actors for Leon and Ada as in the Resi 2 Remake... it definitely looks like they used the same face for Leon in any case.

One thing I do hope for here is they up the pace of gameplay a bit from RE2make, which was kind of a methodical 'pick your shots' kinda game. RE4 is more scrambly, shits popping off all the time. I think they need to try and match that at least, even if they want more of a horror style here.

Not sure this is a good direction - to me it reflects that lack of trust in big companies wanting to put out a new IP - maybe increased in production costs across ever demanding systems (and consumers) mean it's less likely that companies really want to take the financial risk of launching something completely new?

Perhaps it's akin to movies and big studios relying on the same genre of fillms/franchises, with creativity found now only from lower budget Indies?

24 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Well they're getting into awkward territory now, with RE5 and RE6 being the next remake candidates. 

They will probably do 1 again before doing those though.

Ahem... Still someone from REmake 2's voice cast available.

LastEdibleIlladopsis-size_restricted.gif

ashley-model-actress-1280x720.webp

Dutch Instagram model Ella Freya has confirmed she’s the face model and/or actress behind  Resident Evil 4.

Pretty much nailed the mouth.