passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Forum Feedback II

Jimboxy

3 hours ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

I'm not sure what would cause that,

Don’t know if it helps but it seems to be a character limit issue. I cut my post in half then it went up no problem. I tried posting the 2nd half and it does the same fault, whether as another post or as a edit. But it’s let me post it again now I’ve made it shorter as another post. 

Maybe I just need to better edit myself ?

That's how̶̦̋̿͑̄̊̓̈̕͝͝ͅ ̵̞͙̫̣̈́̇̆í̷͖̟̟̻͑̅̇͋̕͝t̶̤̳̘͓̳̯͇͖̥̗̪̼̖͔̏̓̂̽̎̏̊̏͗̕͠ͅ ̴̰̻͍̹̪̥̻̭̬͌͂͌͗̀̈́̊̉̅̿̑ş̴̡̨̧̨̪̙̼͈̩̣͔͍̞͙̈́́̋͒̊̿̽̃̊͊̑͘̚͘͝t̷̤̟̪͍͑̈̆̒̾̆̃͂̀a̷̱̬͕͈̗̼̯͍͈͈̦̒̈́̔̚͘͝ͅr̸̰̬̲̱̙̙͎͙̘̥͖̰͎̿̄̾̾̔̏͑̇̉̆͘͜ț̵̗̞͓̳͓̹̏̾͊́͆́͋͑̈́͑͝ͅs̶̰̟̪͉̮̮̺͍͚̹͕̳͌̌̓͒̾̈̾̑́̌̍͘

55 minutes ago, Nag said:

It's not black on black for me... it's about twice the size it should be though.

Same for me. Hope this shows up for you @mfnick

The top two are massive. The lower two are tiny font.

2 hours ago, mfnick said:

Just got to add if you have a PS5 and like racing games you must get this. The pad is a real game changer. It honestly makes you better at the game, no exaggeration. You can feel all the different track surfaces through the haptics, you can feel which tyres have the most grip, the brake trigger tension really helps tell how far to press before they lock up and the ABS effect is fantastic (if you have it on, I Heineken to start with but it feels so good I’ve not left it on). The accelerator is loose but has just enough tension whereby you can modulate it so much better. Plus it has a nice satisfying click on gear changes. The sound effects through the speaker are great too and really add to the immersion and the ‘feel’ in a similar way to Astro. 

It’s going to be very difficult to go back to playing racing games on the Xbox now, I’m actually worried Forza will feel shit no matter how good it is just because it’s missing these features. They’re that good. 

1 hour ago, mfnick said:

Surprised to read your thoughts on the pad. I’m genuinely blown away by it. The feel of the surfaces is spot on. The differences between sand in Kenya to the loose dirt of Wales is stark and just right IMO.

The way it provides more feedback on the side of the pad in response to which side your car is leaning on in a corner is great too. As well as the trigger tensions I genuinely feel better at the game due to those. 

On 05/02/2021 at 11:21, mfnick said:

03/01/21 - Gears 5 Hivebusters (XSX) - Normal

13/01/21 - DIRT 5 (XSX) - (09/01/21) Career Complete / (11/01/21) All Events 3 Gold / (13/01/21) 1000/1000GS
15/01/21 - Gears Tactics (XSX) - Beginner Complete

20/01/21 - Astro’s Playroom (PS5) - Complete & Platinum

21/01/21 - Bugsnax (PS5) - Complete & Platinum

29/01/21 - Gris (PC) - Complete 

01/02/21 - Yakuza Like A Dragon (XSX) - Complete

03/02/21 - Spider-Man Miles Morales (PS5) - Normal & Platinum

04/02/21 - The Medium (XSX) - Complete

Really enjoyed that. One of those great B or AA tier games. 

8/10

On 08/02/2021 at 19:32, mfnick said:

03/01/21 - Gears 5 Hivebusters (XSX) - Normal

13/01/21 - DIRT 5 (XSX) - (09/01/21) Career Complete / (11/01/21) All Events 3 Gold / (13/01/21) 1000/1000GS
15/01/21 - Gears Tactics (XSX) - Beginner Complete

20/01/21 - Astro’s Playroom (PS5) - Complete & Platinum

21/01/21 - Bugsnax (PS5) - Complete & Platinum

29/01/21 - Gris (PC) - Complete 

01/02/21 - Yakuza Like A Dragon (XSX) - Complete

03/02/21 - Spider-Man Miles Morales (PS5) - Normal & Platinum

04/02/21 - The Medium (XSX) - Complete

10/02/21 - Spider-Man Remastered (PS5) - (08/02/21) Normal & Platinum / (10/02/21) All DLC & Ultimate NG+

That was absolutely fantastic. Everything I love about Miles Morales except for better IMO. I even think it looked better just because it was brighter and had more colour. The only downside was partly caused by my own desire to platinum it. The crimes became a real chore towards the end, it just asks you to do far too many and there’s barely any variety in them meaning a lot of repetition. Half the number of those and it would have been so much better and left an even better impression.

Apart from that one issue which can be avoided if you don’t go for all trophies, it’s brilliant. Surprisingly emotional too. 

9/10

Edit 10/2/21 - Completed all the DLC. Nothing amazing, but worth playing for the pretty good little story when it’s included in this package. If I’d have paid more than £5 for them individually I’d have been pissed though. 

On safari on iPhone 99% of the time. 

When I’m doing the completion thread I copy and paste from the forum itself.  

That first one on OCH’s post I did post from elsewhere but the 2nd one I wrote in the forum itself. Doesn’t do it anywhere else as far as I’m aware. 

Has this been a constant issue with mine I wasn’t aware of or just started? 

Yea.

But the completion ones are showing ok aren’t they? They’re the only ones I copy and paste. Apart from that one OCH showed. 

Edit - just edited and reposted those WRC posts as plain text. They’re showing ok on mine now. That sorted it? 
Still got the issue with too many characters in a post making that error page but can live with that. Just need to waffle on less.  

I was using the forum dark theme because I can't be doing with bright websites anymore. When you have discord or whatever open on one monitor and a bright website open in the other, it's just dazzling all the time.

I was saying to Jim earlier I have no idea why anyone runs light mode websites anymore, they are glaring to look at. I downloaded a Chrome plug in to get a dark mode without fucking things up. Go that black with the gold text style, reminds me of the John Players Lotus from the years when F1 was dangerous as fuck.

Also for some reason I couldn't post here before. I guess we'll see if I can post this.

Yeah it's like it gets branded onto my retina.

If I find an interesting blog or whatever but it does the bright white text on black background I copy and paste it all into a word doc and read it like that. Sounds weird but it doesn't hurt that way

Also 'night light' for late nite browsing (like right now)

I did have a look at purchasing a pre-made theme, but they are mostly $40 up front + $15 every 6 months for updates, so I've never bothered. Most of them are geared towards sites that post content outside of chatting shit on a forum so seem a bit OTT for what we need. I dunno, I might look at it again. It would be good to have some decent options for switching between light and dark, personally I just use a Firefox plugin to change it and that seems to do the job for the most part.