passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Random News II

Bob

Thought this was a videogame adaptation of Maus at first and was readying myself for the inevitable internet meltdown.

The 2D/3D mix reminds me of this, which came out a couple of weeks ago:

Makes my head spin a bit, unfortunately. On still images I like the art style. Mouse looks cleaner and more digestible, no cat puns intended.

I've only ever scrolled past that on the eShop but it actually looks decent.

-

On another note, This Bed We Made is out now on Xbox:

I heard about it for the first time when it came out on PS5 last month, so it fits a bit into the hot topic discussion of being a surprise release (at least seen from my bubble). It's supposedly very good and the premise of solving a mystery in the confines of a hotel is very Hotel Dusk, which I adore, so I'll definitely check it out soon-ish.

Yeah, GOW3 definitely had a constantly nasty tone. With each god that Kratos killed, the world became catastrophically worse. But Kratos didn’t care, as he was hell bent on vengeance. 

I do think the series was a bit more creative back then, in terms of boss fights. GOW 2015 just used the same troll boss, over and over again. 

But yeah, anyone expecting the kind of relationship between Kratos and his BOY, would be quite surprised if they never played the OG trilogy.

I just found them mad repetitive. Every game was the exact same mashing square roll on the floor bullshit. Went back to them after 2018 and tried again and nope, I don't see these holding up

I could never get through GoWII. The Norse games are so much better, even if I really just felt over Sony's AAA formula with Ragnarok.

I feel like Prince of Persia was just a much better version of whatever these games were trying for, even the 2nd one

The set pieces were always the main draw of the original trilogy. The Colossus battle at the beginning of GoW2. The close up, visceral (and sometimes first person) executions in GoW3. That's the part most people remember. Often forgetting the gameplay that came in between those moments. By the time I finished GoW3, I was done with the original series. Never bothered with the handheld additions. Because I'd had my fill.

That said, I did find GoW 2015 a bit too slow and boring to hold my interest. Also thought the controls were wonky. Which was disappointing considering how strongly it starts with Loki, Thor etc I might go back to it someday. But I see it on my rack of games and don't really get the urge to resume.

Wow. Thanks. Just share how excited I am about something and you guys just kick the shit out of it. 

Well it’s still my favourite gaming trilogy & I can’t wait so nerr. The new ones suck.*

*Not really but I much prefer the older ones.