passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Random News II

Bob

Honestly don’t know. I personally would love them to do a high production sequel in the same style as this old games. Fixed cameras and all but with modern bells and whistles. But I know that wouldn’t be commercially viable in this day and age so I’ve no idea what they’d do with it. 

Id also be more than happy with a remake of 2 and 3 like they did with Resi. More than likely it’ll just be a hd remaster same as the original. But I’d be happy enough with that since 2 is one of my all timers and not played it for years thanks to it being stuck on PS2. 

I thought the whole issue with the lack of Onimusha re-releases was the likenesses? I'm pretty sure that was a big reason why number two especially hasn't been seen since the PS2.

A HD collection of the first four games would be really nice, though.

Rumours that Square will sell its western division to ubisoft, partly due to the massive failure of Avengers

Avengers looking like a Spirits Within moment for them.

It;s a 4chan leak, 4chan have gotten things right before fwiw, all of ffxv leaked on it, they leaked details of dmc5 announcement. Other stuff in the past

Well here's a nicer rumour

Remake of Red Dead 1 and port of Red Dead 2 for next gen

I'm no big fan of Red Dead II but it is shockingly beautiful on PC, so a next gen port will be quite the facelift here, especially if played in whatever 30fps mode they will probably give it

Also ray tracing, that's new. The PC version doesn't even have that

They're making a sequel to The World Ends with You

I never played the original but the last couple Kingdom Hearts games tie in super strongly with that world, to the point people speculate it's supposed to be some connected universe. So I wonder do they continue with that stuff or leave it out.

Kingdom Hearts spoilers

Spoiler

The secret ending in KH3 took place in the same Shibuya place as these games, also the final boss of the DLC as well

This boss is crazy btw, people do not give near enough credit to this series for its combat. It's just all the really intense Sekiro level combat is cordoned off into optional content

mixed feelings about this. I'm glad SNK are financially safe, but the source of that income grubby. They're the Man City of gaming

https://www.vg247.com/2020/11/29/saudi-arabia-misk-snk-takeover/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The Mohammad bin Salman Charity Foundation is set to acquire a controlling stake in SNK, the famous Japanese fighting games company.

The 813m riyals ($223 million) investment in SNK has come from one of the subsidiaries of the Mohammed bin Salman Charitable Foundation, Misk, which now owns roughly 33.3% of SNK’s total shares.

The resulting investment places the company value at about $669 million. In a press release, Misk outlined that it intends to acquire more of the company soon, too, noting that the current deal stipulates the Saudi Arabian firm will buy another 17.7% of SNK’s shares, raising its ownership to 51% and – ultimately – becoming majority shareholder with 51% of the company to its name.

Casey Hudson can't make up his mind, that's the second time he's left BioWare.

He was the driving force behind ME though and you can feel the lack of his guidance in Andromeda (though it never was this awful game the internet makes you want to believe).

Not sure how far along they were conceptually with the new ME before he left. There might have been enough time for him to draft something that can be worked with. We'll see.

Dragon Age is a different story. As far as I know Inquisition was made by mostly the same people as before and it turned out horrible anyway, mostly due to EA forcing them to use Frostbyte. The franchise has a weird track record, it's hard to know what to expect.