passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

DC Cinematic Universe

DisturbedSwan

Like I said earlier he doesn’t have to be Ben Affleck’s Batman. As you point out Bale was also skinnier and it worked. But when you saw Bale he still looked ripped for his size and he was intimidating when required. This guy doesn’t look like he has that Batman type of tough about him either physically or in his presence. I think for Batman these things are required. 

Not to say I won’t like the movie, I think that trailer is really good. I might just not love this version of Batman. I’ve liked plenty of X-Men films while thinking their Wolverine was too clean and not tough enough. 

I don’t know what the numbers were like for DC’s Fandome event but in terms of content it seems they’ve done a really good job at raising excitement for superhero movies/material again online. 

Post Endgame and into Covid all the superhero stuff went dormant and has been really quiet. Which was not just a good but necessary thing. Even me as a huge comic book/superhero fan was feeling the fatigue. So many movies, TV shows, daily related news. The break was much needed and happening after Endgame it couldn’t have been timed better. We hit absolute maximum, OTT, huge, super blow out comic book media and then relax. Just take a minute. Breathe. 

As nice as it’s been though I’m happy to have things to look forward too again. The fact it’s DC and not Marvel goes along way too raising excitement as well. The characters are less overused and they’re abandoning the shared universe approach makes a lot of these movies fresher, newer and more exciting.

All these different projects + the break makes the overall superhero movie landscape feel almost rebooted in a way. Yes nearly all of these projects were started before the break, but the fact they’re hitting after leaves it less like picking up where we were and actually starting anew. 

Don’t get me wrong. Make mine Marvel and all that. I’ll be excited to see what they’ve got going on as well. I think the break will also benefit their movies and TV shows because now we can start whatever their new saga is after having a nice, year long break from the close of the last one. 

But DC have made the big splash first so credit to them for bringing it back, and doing it in such a successful way. It was only a few weeks ago Comic Con tried an online event and no one gave a shit. So the stream they put on was challenging and I’m glad it seems to have been received well (Or at least their announcements have been heard). 

Now just give me a new Superman movie, please ?

I’m not sure you’d want me in your Fall Guys Team @Maf with my 0 wins ?

Completely agree about the FanDome event, great to see such a buzz and fervour for Comic Book movies again online. 

I have been critical of DC’s approach in the past and maintain that JL and BvS were not great movies in the slightest (although the BvS Director’s Cut is way better) but have really enjoyed WW a few years back and Shazam a little more recently. I really like this weird art house approach they took with Joker and seem to be taking with The Batman. Absolutely love that shit. 

I saw Birds of Prey earlier today and fucking loved it too. DC have definitely turned things around in the past couple of years, in some ways because their films are less of a known quantity I am looking forward to them possibly a little more than Marvel’s offerings at this time. That may just be the hype off of FanDome coming out though. 

Really hope they get a team together to make a Green Lantern movie together sometime soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Creatively it looks like they are starting to veer away from trying to emulate the MCU formula and the results are all the better for doing so. A lot of course correction needs to be done before anything with the Justice League can be attempted again. But I don't think it would be that hard to do now they seem to be getting into the swing of things a bit better.

Note: I haven't seen the newest DC film - Bird's of Prey - so can't comment on that.

8 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

it's shit, worse than Suicide Squad (which I didn't hate tbf). Shame because it's got everything it needs to be good, it's just not got a script worth the time, bad characters. Margot Robbie is good as Quin again, but she's a worse character in this one

? Ohh I see. I actually hated that one. I put it in the same league as Catwoman, Fan4stic and Batman & Robin.

• 4 weeks later...

Some guy called Aldis Hodge has been cast as Hawkman in the Black Adam movie. 

I’ve never thought about it before but I guess you could easily create a connection there. Both of them being practically ancient. They could fight each other and have history.

Wonder which origin they’ll use

Also put Hawk Girl in it. Hawk Man is stupid but Hawk Girl is cool. 

Green Lantern TV series confirmed. 10 episodes, 1 hour a piece, each episode focuses on a different lantern?

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/green-lantern-tv-series-hbo-max-guy-gardner-alan-scott-sinestro/

Green Lantern will explore the history of the different heroes who join the corps, with executive producer Greg Berlanti teaming up with showrunner Seth Grahame-Smith to tell the stories of heroes like Alan Scott, Kilowog, Guy Gardner, Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz, and many more in a brand new live-action series. While there's no word yet on if the show will be set in the continuity of Zack Snyder's Justice League universe or exist as a separate entity, DC and HBO Max have made it clear that these are lines that can be blurred and explored in the future.

Fans might notice a few major names missing from this description, as the series doesn't seem to be including DC Comics mainstays like Hal Jordan, John Stewart, or Kyle Rayner. Other new characters like Far Sector's Jo Mullein and Green Lantern: Legacy's Tai Pham are also omitted from the logline. Of course, that doesn't mean these characters won't appear or be mentioned in the 10-episode first season, but it seems clear the show will focus on this core group of characters for now.

Frankly no Volk no interest

DuJa47RW0AIlDtX.jpg

He is a volcano man who has a volcano rumble speech impediment! Greatest of all the lanterns!