passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Resident Evil VII: Biohazard

DisturbedSwan

I found a couple of good guide videos. Spoilers within, obviously.

This is a good collectible guide. The most useful information that I didn't know is that files have to be viewed in full, not just picked up.

And a 100% collectible speed run in just over 2 hours!

Started a speed-run earlier and then realised that infinite ammo would really help so quit that and started a Madhouse run instead. 

Fucking hell, it's tough.

I heard that items are in different places but as far as I've got so far, they seem to be the same.

Just finished it, took me 10 hours.

I did enjoy it but the final 1/4 let it down a lot for me. 

I don't know why they had to go down that route I really don't, it was so shooty bang bang that final quarter and apart from the brief unarmed Mia section on the ship you feel like a walking tank.

At one point I was walking around with 400 machine gun pistol bullets, 6 grenade launcher rounds, 6 bombs and about 80 rounds of handgun ammo, just didn't feel vulnerable at all, felt like an absolute badass but not in a good way, just annihilated everything that came in my path with ease, wasn't difficult at all and just felt like I was playing an FPS RE6 really.

What the fuck was up with those last two bosses too? So damn shite, I actually laughed at Jack, absolutely annihilated him in about 3 minutes with tons of grenade rounds and shotgun bullets. But it was Eveline that really took the biscuit, just hilarious, on rails too which made it even worse, straight out of RE6 too.

Then that last bit, was that Chris? Is he working for Umbrella now? Was Ethan working for Umbrella the entire time? I think Mia was guarding/protecting the E-Virus on the ship when things went awry.

Didn't find Eveline scary at all as well, thought it was a bit lazy and aping games like FEAR etc. The ship bit reminded me SO much of SOMA too, even the black goo is the same colour.

mEZ8IAz.jpg

dA7hWwH.jpg

qoGoPh0.jpg

F8CorlE.jpg

tQ9Xccw.jpg

@Nag- I'll maybe try again on Easy, then. Madhouse is hard enough but the limited saves is really a killer.

@Blakey - story spoilers:

The way I thought it was explained was that Ethan was a regular dude and his wife was a secret agent who worked for Umbrella or whichever agency was using Eveline as a test subject and she had to "babysit" her.

The thing I'm not sure of is which is the real Eveline. She's meant to be both the old woman and little girl, but there was something about her appearing as a child to people, so maybe the child version is purely a hallucination she gives everyone but really she's an old woman who doesn't move much?

3 hours ago, Hendo said:

@Nag- I'll maybe try again on Easy, then. Madhouse is hard enough but the limited saves is really a killer.

@Blakey - story spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Ah ok yeah that sounds about right that Mia and that other guy on the ship (forget his name) were her minders but she somehow got out, guess she was lying to Ethan about her whereabouts the entire time as well? As she mentions a babysitting job or something at the very beginning of the game.

As for Eveline, I took it to mean that's she's both the little girl and the old woman. She was a girl when she was contained on the ship but once off it she ages massively into the old lady in the Wheel chair and the hallucinations are just her projecting herself in her 'prime age' or whatever.

Pic of my end-stats screen too:

418370_20170204184651_1.png

3:54:42

I wouldn't have done it without a guide to get me through the...."s" section. Had to stop and start the video and my game a lot.

I still need to do a 100% run at some point, i'll most likely do that slow and steady with a decent guide to hand.

Yup, only shoot when you have to. You can run past most enemies.

I think you can ignore all but one of the tapes.

I think the bigger challenge will be not opening the item box more than 3 times. 2 times are mandatory - before and after the Lucas bit.

Making a stab at Madhouse difficulty. Still tough but the saw helps a lot. 

Because of that, I'm making more health than ammo - only firing when I need to.

I'm using the defense upgrade and the x-ray glassss but that does mean that item management is pretty hard going. Lots of back and to the item boxes.

Made it out of the house so far.

• 3 weeks later...

So. It's been ok. As a game it works. I'm just not overly enthralled. It's not a direction I wanted it to go in, ya know. I feel there's enough first person horrors light on combat with focus on avoidance. I enjoyed others more for what, I feel, they did better than this. So to me it kinda lost its identity somewhat.

I've not finished it, so who knows my opinion may change. I've got the two key cards and about to face Jack. I get the feeling I'm getting into the final act; which would make it feel a bit short. I did give it bash for about 6 hours yesterday, so I have given it some, I just hope there's another good 6 left

So I finished it last night. Seemed a little short and I didn't like certain things but overall the experience was positive. 

I liked the later half. Some didn't like the more focus on gunplay but it reminded like Resi of old. Surprise to see some free DLC coming in spring. 

Not the direction I wanted, but still a better result from the last two in the main series. I'll keep an eye open for the sequel.

• 3 weeks later...
Spoiler

Well this is pretty damn amazing. Picked it up the other day thanks to a £125 gift card work gave me for 15 years service. 

I was a bit sceptical about the change to First Person View. But it's definitely paid off. After the absolute trainwreck of RE6,this is a return to form.