passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

E3 2019 - News & Dates

mmmark

I know Techland weren't happy with how Deep Silver handled Dead Island and I imagine WB weren't much better with Dyling Light. So my guess is they wanted a publisher that will be a bit more hands off. Square Enix have been doing some great stuff with smaller devs with their Collective program so maybe Techland could swing a better deal with them since control of their IP seems like a big deal for them. 

I thought there was a rumour and speculation thread, but anyway, Larian Studios are teasing something with a “III” and apparently it’s Baldur’s Gate III.

https://www.rpgsite.net/news/8525-larian-studios-is-teasing-a-new-game-on-their-website-potentially-baldur-s-gate-iii

If this gets announced at E3 I will be so fucking happy. BG1&2 are stone cold classics and who better than Larian to develop a sequel.

That would indeed be pretty sweet.

Random thought but I'd also like to see the Dragon Prince game at E3. I really like the Netflix show and they've been talking about the game for a while but as far as I know they haven't shown anything yet. Apparently it's supposed to be some Overwatch-style hero multiplayer game which I think is a great fit as there are tons of archetypes in the show already.

Sounds good but there’s always some kind of brag about 1st party titles by Phil before E3 then it turns out we’ve either seen them all before, they’re expansions to existing games or they’re small Indie games. 

I’m most excited about the 3rd party announcements at Microsoft’s conference. Some Gears 5/Halo Infinite gameplay would be cool too, not sure how much else they’ll have on the 1st party AAA front - maybe expansions to SoT and FH4?

For sure there's going to be expansions for Sea of Thieves. There's still quadrants of the map to fill out, I reckon that'll be a sizeable update. I'm thinking we'l get some extra boats at some juncture as well, on top of new maps for arena mode, stuff like islands specifically build for PvP and all that jazz.

Completely forgot about Battletoads. I hope it looks as good as the new Streets of Rage game. And isn't infuriatingly difficult.

I'm starting to get slightly hyped about E3 even though I don't expect much. But there's a couple of already announced games making an appearance that I'm really looking forward to, so if nothing else I'll enjoy those.

I will genuinely be surprised if there are more than 5 games being shown that a) We haven't already heard about, and b) Actually look like they're worth getting excited for. 

This year is going to be 90% shit we've already seen.

I really hope I am wrong.