passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Fantasy Critic 2024

mmmark

• 3 weeks later...

Who would've thought that two of the biggest names in gaming (CoD and Battlefield) would've tanked quite so badly this year? They'll probably still sell millions but fuck me, those scores.😬

Yeah, I am surprised they’ve both done as badly as they have, I expected them both to get at the very least 78% or something, going up to about 86% but they’ve both done far worse than that.

With CoD I think the yearly releases are definitely having an effect now, that and the last 2 years they’ve basically had to cobble a game together last minute as development went pear shaped at some point. I think if they put out Black Ops V next year that should be a boost for the series but from an outside perspective (as I’ve not played them) the last two haven’t set the world on fire.

With BF I think the online only element has effected the score a bit, there’s not been a BF game since 2018’s V so I’m not quite sure what is up with that.

But yeah, I’m pleased they’ve both not done well obviously lol. I was a bit worried at one point when Advance Wars got delayed. 

Tbh I never really expected to catch up, I was fucked as soon as Guilty Gear released... I really need to work my counter picks out better as it's the second year those have fucked me over royally.

16 hours ago, Nag said:

Tbh I never really expected to catch up, I was fucked as soon as Guilty Gear released... I really need to work my counter picks out better as it's the second year those have fucked me over royally.

Just pick a game you know is unlikely to release.

33 minutes ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

I'm still not sure how the counters work (well, I get the principal of it) but it seems like a big gamble. Would cod or bf been a good counter this year? I'm fairly pleased with my closing score, I'll play again next year

Yeah it’s meant to be a big a gamble as games you think will score well unless you purposely choose a game you know won’t release. 

354E24EE-15D6-4485-9A7C-0196D941A5E7.gif

I’m only joking btw. Well kind of. I know Blakey chose botw2 for that reason but I chose botw2 to come out so I can’t have it both ways. And he only got to choose it because of me 😅

@Jimbo Xiii It’s a game you have to pick that’s from someone else’s list of games. You can’t pick anything like you can the draft, only something from someone else’s list and for every point it gets on release is instead a minus for you. If it’s a minus scoring game I assume it’s a plus for you. And if it doesn’t come out at all it’s 0 points.

• 2 weeks later...

November has been and gone.

@Nag scored 2 points with Call of Duty Vanguard, 24 points thanks to Forza Horizon 5 and lost 4 points with Battlefield 2042. @radiofloyd scored 16 points thanks to Shin Megami Tensei V and @Jimbo Xiii scored 5 points with Pokémon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl.

I remain our leader on 93 points, followed by Tommy in Second Place with 73 points and Jim in Third Place with 66 points. 

As for December releases:

• Tommy has Solar Ash on December 2nd
  • Nag has Halo Infinite on December 8th

Thanks Tommy, you've just reminded me I can do the results now Halo's score is in haha, so without further ado...

2021 MFG FantasyCritic League Results:

Winner: Me 🥇

Screenshot (139).png]

2nd Place: @radiofloyd 🥈

Screenshot (140).png

Joint 3rd Place: @Nag @Jimbo Xiii🥉

Screenshot (141).png

Spoiler

Screenshot (146).png

4th Place: @mmmark

Spoiler

Screenshot (142).png

5th Place: @Nabby9

Spoiler

Screenshot (144).png

Despite 3 of my games getting delayed, the rest of my choices managed to do well enough (aside from Biomutant) to give me the win in the end. Whilst a photo finish between Nag and Tommy was possible at one stage due to the former having 4 games left to release at the beginning of November and the latter having two titles left, it unfortunately never materialised with 1 of Nag's choices actually costing him points and another netting him very little leaving Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite to do the heavy lifting, and the numbers just weren't in his favour, these two titles letting him down.

Tommy got closest however, picking up solid points all year long. SMTV and Solar Ash scored very well as his last two titles to come out this year, but not doing quite enough to topple me in the end, having no games delayed is an impressive feat as well.

Jim's first league appearance was an impressive one, unluckily missing out on 3rd place by 1 solitary point. Each of his titles scored decent points but delayed to Warhammer: Total War 3, Ghostwire Tokyo and Hollow Knight Silksong ultimately cost him a shot at the title. 

Mark was leading through large swathes of the year but an unfortunate counter-pick in Kena: Bridge of Spirits proved costly along with his 3 delayed titles and some games earning less points than expected. 

Nabby was also poised for an end of year title challenge at one point but delays to Horizon, Lego Star Wars and Nobody Saves the World along with Baldo actually costing him 11 points along with Halo being his counter pick costing him another 16 points, ultimately meant that chance of a top-3 position came to an end.

Thank you very much for everyone that took part and congratulations to the runners up. Similar to last year, as I won, it means the prize will be going to second place, which is Tommy. The prize is once again a £10 PSN/XBL/Steam/Amazon etc. Gift card of your choosing. DM me to let me know what you'd like and I'll send you the code. 

If you'd like to be a part of next years competition I will post a new league at the very beginning of 2022, as soon as I am able to.

It was a pretty rubbish scoring year to be fair... only one game earning a 90+.

I was thinking about game releases for next year and came to the conclusion I'm gonna really struggle filling a roster.😂

• mmmark changed the title to Fantasy Critic 2022

68596E2A-C29F-4434-81C5-13B0611594C7.png

New year, new arguments. The 2022 fantasy critic games championship is open to all that wish to participate.

Join TODAY by using this invite.

A couple of changes this year because CONTROVERSY.

TWO COUNTER-PICKS must be chosen. One at drafts and the other anytime you like. Failure to make a second before the end of the year is -15 points.

PUBLIC BIDDING. Normally all bids are kept hidden all week. New for 2022 bids are hidden until Thursday when you’ll be able to see which games have been bidded on but not how much or by who. Giving you a chance to snatch away some treasure, or junk before Saturday when the games are awarded to the highest bidders.

PLEASE JOIN ASAP

If you’re already a member of this league from 2019, let me know you intend to play this year or you’ll be removed.

CUT OFF DATE 20/01/2022

Questions? Here’s the FAQ

• mmmark changed the title to Fantasy Critic 2024