passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Hendo

I have almost finished WoL. 

In the final dungeon now, so just got to make my way through there and then defeat the final boss and that'll be it. Counted the fighters I've got so far and I'm up to 65 or so so I'm very close to getting the full roster unlocked. 

Some pics (I've spoiled two just in case folks want to see some of the WoL locations/dungeons/bosses themselves but they aren't really spoilers as such):

DvJY4OIUcAAPYRd.jpgDvJY4OjVsAUjNrP.jpg

Spoiler

DvJY4ORUYAI8zjy.jpgDvJY4OUVsAIFipB.jpg

World of Light is so bad. The constant loading, the stupid spirit system, the repetition, the fact that most of the fights are really easy except every 1 in 10 or something will have some bullshit modifier. 

I like the the rest of the package a lot but WoL is really drops the ball. I don’t know why they just won’t do Subspace Emissary again? That was so cool

8 minutes ago, bellow said:

Christmas morning smash tournie with my 'babies.' What else are ya gonna do?IMG_20181225_130450037.jpg

Why wasn’t I invited? You scared I crush all of you over and over? Legit fear, I can!t blame you, I guess. Still think it’s a bit rude, though.

I’ve still barely touched WoL, seems like I made the right decision to play everything else but it.

I tried out one of the other Smash modes last night. It’s called Smashdown and you and your opponent chooses a character and then fights. If you win you get a point and both characters used, win or lose, get eliminated and you carry on till you run out of characters.

Seems like a cool mode forcing you to try new stuff. Doesn’t look like you can try it online though, which sucks.

WoL is amazing for the first 15 hours or so but then it just becomes too much. It’s just way too long.

It suffers from multiple false endings too, there’s one moment where it could’ve ended where I would’ve rated it as highly as a 9 but then it just keeps going, you think you’ve finished it again and then another place opens up and it just can’t sustain your interest with the inherent repetitiveness of the combat, there just isn’t enough variation there or ingenuity over 25-30 hours.

Something like Injustice 2’s story mode is such a triumph because it’s so short at 5 hours long that you never feel like the repetitiveness of the combat is an issue, it helps there that the story is so fantastic too.

There are some truly cool moments with dungeons, locales, bosses etc. Too that I couldn’t help but smile at but even those touches fade after such a long period of time and you just want to finish the fucker.

I’ve just been playing the Brawl mode with the kid so far. Finding it great fun, and am really impressed at how flexible it is. Like how you can customise what items appear and the regularity of them. Also think it’s great how you can save these adjustments under different brawl profiles (not sure if this was in Smash previously).

Love how there’s a setting regarding Final Smashes. You can change it to a Street Fighter style super bar which charges, rather than you all having to scrap over that one smash ball like hungry dogs around a rabbit carcass. Not sure what charges the bar, but the AI bots always seem to get their supers far more regularly than we do.

Absolutely gutted I missed out on a Ryu unlock earlier. 8-year old didn’t give a shit.

1 hour ago, Blakey said:

WoL is amazing for the first 15 hours or so but then it just becomes too much. It’s just way too long.

I thought it was slow and boring pretty much from the off tbh. It's nice that it's there and it's kind of cool seeing how they make the not in game characters, but it's as bad as the story mode in Dragon Ball Fighterz

I thought that initially too @DANGERMAN but after awhile I couldn’t put it down, the entirety of the first map after the first 2-3 hours I found utterly compelling and addictive. Finding out what’s around the next corner underneath the fog, the dungeons, the bosses and some of the tougher fights meant I was always thinking ‘just one more go’.

But after the first map that all fades away and the whole thing just massively outstays it’s welcome. 

I finally finished World of Light today anyway. It turns out what I thought was the final boss wasn’t again and I actually had a gauntlet to go through followed by a platforming/boss gauntlet and then eventually the final final boss battle.

Exhausting, thank fuck that’s over. I’m glad I played it and I do recommend others properly try it rather than not touching it but it is just too damn long.

C622329C-0F07-41D9-9DA3-D8D87C1F2946.jpeg