passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Red Dead Redemption 2

DisturbedSwan

I'm on Chapter 6, 60 hours. I've hardcored it in the past week or so. Managed to get my honour up to max goodness, been doing every stranger mission I come across, done a bit of hunting here and there. I'm enjoying what i'm doing,  nothing feels like a chore to me so it's easy to lose hours and hours just playing the way I want to. I've been using the stage coaches to do long journeys but I still ride my horse most places. I love my horse, it's the same one I've had since about halfway thought Chapter 1. She's a good girl.

I will say the more time you spend with it the more you see it's working parts. Systems repeat (i've just helped out the guy lost just outside of Strawberry for the second time) which take a little of the wide eyed wonder away but the game is vast and huge so I can easily forgive these little foibles.

The story has gone places, i've been looking forward to discovering why Arthur is completely absent from Read Dead 1 and now I know and I'm looking forward to seeing how everything plays out. I feel like this is the most involved I've ever been in a game's story.

I beat this a while back. It didn't click me tho I did try.

I won't dig up all my old GTM comments cause it's stuff most members have read already but I put my overall impressions into a blog post (I have a little blog which I post on sometimes as sort of a personal project/exercise)

It's not all negative nancying I think. There's good stuff in there but it didn't make up for the parts that the game lost me.

I Try to avoid plot spoilers https://kyle-murphy.co.uk/blog/how-i-tried-and-failed-to-love-red-dead-redemption-ii/

plug ?

I think I just did one of the “jump the shark” missions. In a slow-paced game, maybe not the best to have a mission of wading through a swamp.

I’m kind of mainlining it, though I am doing white side quests as well as main quests.

I’m basically not doing any more hunting or fishing. 

I’ve been the opposite when I get to play at the weekend. I’ll do a mission or two then have a little holiday traveling further then I’ve ever been in one direction. Then maybe concentrate on filling up the supplies to gold. Then look at some ? On the map. Back to a mission or two.

8 hours ago, illdog said:

The story has gone places, i've been looking forward to discovering why Arthur is completely absent from Read Dead 1 and now I know and I'm looking forward to seeing how everything plays out. I feel like this is the most involved I've ever been in a game's story.

I've just started chapter 5 and I have some theories of where the story will go:

Spoiler

I think it's as good as done that Arthur will die at the end. And I'm fully expecting one of the gang to have been a spy for the cops the whole time, which is why they keep fucking up their heists and the cops appearing right on cue.

The obvious choice would be Micah, the psycho. But it'll probably end up being a surprising twist "good guy" like Bill, Charles or Hosea.

I want to shoot Micah full stop. 

I've been mainlining it. Even skipping some white quests. I just want to finish it before December so I feel it'll slow me down too much if I try n do everything. 

It's been good. It's a bit of a fatty steak though. Could do with some stuff trimmed down. 

12 hours ago, Hendo said:

I've just started chapter 5 and I have some theories of where the story will go:

Reveal hidden contents

0E821C8F-F284-46A4-9601-5997DA3F201D.gif

I couldn’t quite remember the plot of RDR1 so had a look on Wikipedia.

Spoilers for RDR2 plot theories (don’t read if not up to chapter 5) next:

So Bill is hunted in the first game, as is the Mexican dude and Dutch.

Hosea, Micah, Charles and Arthur are never mentioned.

So the ultimate twist could be that you were the informant all along, but that would take some explaining.

Could also be one of the women or the accountant. My gut says it was Hosea, who was killed in a double back stabbing move by the cops.