passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Daemon X Machina

DisturbedSwan

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
28 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

tried a bit of the demo, it controls really badly, so much so the auto-targetting is really, really generous. How much of that is because of the joy cons and how much is just the game I don't know, so I'm going to restart it with a PS4 controller later

Impressions seem mixed. I can’t wait to try it out myself later. 

Remote download link

I played a bit of it.  Died on the third mission out of four.

I think movement controls really well.  Aiming is very sensitive and it does have a generous soft lock-on so as long as you're facing the general direction of a foe you'll hit it.  But I'll say it again and again: any third or first person shooter using a controller should have gyro assist.  I'm so surprised a Switch exclusive shooter doesn't have them, they are so good I can't recommend them enough.

Guns could definitely feel punchier because they lack some feedback, as does when you're blocking shots with your shield.

But I like the possible customisation options and there could be a satisfying character building part to the game.

It has a lot of potential but a bit of me worries it's not gonna hit the mark.  E-mail me, Marvellous, I know how to make it better.

I gave this a bash and spent most of it wrestling with the controls. It's a shame, as I really wanted to like it. Also, having to stop and search for loot (after spending 20 seconds trying to find the sweet spot where it would actually let me) seemed to break the flow. It also seemed really slow.

Probably doesn't help that the last third person shooter I played was Anthem, a game where whizzing about in mech suits controlled beautifully.

• 3 months later...

https://gematsu.com/2019/06/daemon-x-machina-launches-september-13

Music was unbearable but the trailer was pretty cool. I’m trying to get my head around all these September release dates... Both Ni no Kuni and Link’s Awakening are launching on the 20th, Code Vein on the 27th, not to mention Astral Chain at the end of August...

I’ve been really intrigued by this game ever since release but the frame rate is making this game look almost unplayable. And I’m not typically frame rate sensitive but this honestly looks like it would give me a headache

• 3 weeks later...

So in the most Nintendo-ass Nintendo move of all time they have released a “Demo feedback trailer”. This is where they literally run down some before and after changes made on the game before the game is even out. 

On the one hand I respect that they made a 2 minute trailer detailing and noting the feedback and things they did to fix it, on the other hand it’s one of those questions of why wasn’t some of this obvious? 

They also don’t say anything about the frame rate. Which actually in the trailer the game is looking much, much better in that regard. But in the beginning it was highly unoptimised, confirmed by Digital Foundry that the game was in super bad shape when they put out the demo, and this is a trailer so maybe they’re hiding it.

There is something inherently interesting to me about this game and has been since announcement, and I’m still a day one buy at this point. But it’s been a real roller coaster getting to release and I hope this ends up better than the repetitive, technically broken mess, 6/10 metacritic game that it looks like it could very well be.

Really crazy trailer to put out, I think, but I respect the forthrightness of it even if it makes me question the game further 

• 2 years later...