passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Halo Infinite

DisturbedSwan

I think they know they need big, new games to replace the old ones. That’s why they bought so many studios. But been slow going to see some real results from that.

I don’t want Halo to go away but it feels like it really has reached an evolve or die stage. It’s just not a relevant series anymore and chasing past glory and keep coming back to “look at how Halo changed console shooters…20 years ago” it just doesn’t matter. 

I don’t think Zelda ever got as rusty or lost it’s way as much as Halo but Halo needs it’s BotW game to bring it back. I think they tried to do that here which is why it’s called Infinite and the first teaser trailers was Chief looking over vast areas. But sounds like this was too much for them and they had to cut and cut and cut until the point it doesn’t even have local split screen anymore. 

I also think they called it Infinite because this was meant to be a new ‘base’ for Halo. That the next decade of Halo would come from. But less than a year after release they have heads of studios go, delays upon delays for what should be basic features, unhappy community because of multiplayer progression systems and dwindling players. 

Halo has to change radically but in to what I dunno. 

I think if they got the reveal right, and by that I mean the game really looked the part (I thought some of the criticism was harsh, but it didn't look great) then it could have been the shot in the arm the series needed

As it was, if they wanted to reboot the series they need to wait years

12 hours ago, mfnick said:

Let it die. Create something new. That goes for most of MS IP’s to be honest. 

This x 1000. Let it die already, stop beating a dead horse. 

I've always said 343i is a shitshow, they put out 2 mediocre Halo's and then put this out as well and folks expected it to be the next coming of Christ or some shit, it was always gonna be disappointing with that terrible studio at the helm.

• 5 months later...