passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo Switch

HandsomeDead

My right Joy-Con has started to detach itself without having to press the release button on the back, which isn't ideal. 

It's being sent to Nintendo UK service centre for repair/replacement, and I don't have to pay postage, so hopefully there's not a long turnaround. 

On 8/29/2017 at 0:23 PM, retroed said:

My right Joy-Con has started to detach itself without having to press the release button on the back, which isn't ideal. 

It's being sent to Nintendo UK service centre for repair/replacement, and I don't have to pay postage, so hopefully there's not a long turnaround. 

Reckon it is better to get a Pro controller? I am thinking of ordering one also...

@Pikman  Pro controller is essential for TV play I'd say, have had one since launch. I play a lot in handheld though, it goes everywhere with me and the Joy-Con are removed frequently for multiplayer Bomberman sessions. Luckily I still have a Pro controller so can play Switch whilst the right Joy-Con is away being repaired/replaced. 

My Pro Controller arrived yesterday so I've just put the Switch through the TV for the first time.

First impressions were it looked like ass. So I went through the settings and the resolution was set to automatic, changed it to 1080p and it looks great.

Is there any downside to having the best resolution? Does it mess with frame rate or something?

I'm puzzled to why a pro controller is so essential.  I find the joy-con grip as comfortable as any other controller.  If I did have to buy another controller I'd rather buy a new pair of joy-cons with a grip than a pro.  Seems better value for money. 

Have you tried a Pro controller, @DifferentClass? It's one of the most comfortable pads I've used. I love the Joy-Con in handheld mode, which is where I spend the majority of my time, but when on the TV I find the Joy-Con in the grip to be too small.

Pro controller is ace. 

8 hours ago, Pikman said:

Reckon it is better to get a Pro controller? I am thinking of ordering one also...

I don't think you need one at all personally, it's £60 I'd rather spend on games.

Joy-Cons in the cradle feel fantastic to me, played 85+ hours of BotW and 40+ in MK8D largely in that configuration and never had any issues.

19 hours ago, retroed said:

Have you tried a Pro controller, @DifferentClass? It's one of the most comfortable pads I've used. I love the Joy-Con in handheld mode, which is where I spend the majority of my time, but when on the TV I find the Joy-Con in the grip to be too small.

Pro controller is ace. 

I am finding the same with the Joy-con-grip setup, it feels too narrow. AND the pro controller has an actual D pad for Sonic (although I think with a single TV in the house I might be playing handheld a lot anyway...)

I bought a Pro Controller yesterday. All I can say is, if you haven't used one yet, do try to, it is really awesome.

A guy in the office had a go and we went to the store at lunch for him to get one too, lol.

Now I don't need to keep disconnecting the joy-cons either, which is nice.