passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

Elizabeth Olsen made a comment saying WandaVision was a 'T-up' for her character in Dr Strange. But looking at the trailer, it doesn't seem as if the story is directly connected. Maybe to understand her character's arc and where she's at but it doesn't look like the film's story is dependant on the show. 

Having said that, the evil Dr Strange in the trailer is apparently the evil Dr Strange from the animated What If series. I didn't watch that though so not sure. But I'm guessing it's not really dependant on that either. 

Seems like the biggest thing is from Spider-Man, where he casts the spell that Peter fucked up. I think that's what they're all referencing with it's his fault and everything is crossing over. 

I don't think Patrick Stewart is going to be Professor X. That board looks like something more akin to the TVA from Loki than an X-Men thing. I think it's just stunt casting or a bait and switch like they did with Quicksilver in WandaVision.  

I think as per this can be enjoyable stand alone but there's extra fun and easter eggs if watching Spider-Man/WandaVision/What If

3 hours ago, Maf said:

I'm guessing it's not really dependant on that either. 

That was a conscious decision by Marvel Studios. The series' enhance what you're watching but they are not required to understanding the films. 

3 hours ago, Maf said:

I don't think Patrick Stewart is going to be Professor X. That board looks like something more akin to the TVA from Loki than an X-Men thing. I think it's just stunt casting or a bait and switch like they did with Quicksilver in WandaVision.  

Spoiler free - Not this time, Maf. There is a purpose and role to that board. That group is being introduced into the MCU via this film..

What’s kind of funny is in the comics they just did The Death of Dr Strange but guess who’s going to alive again by May 6th lol

The internet seems convinced that is Professor X and the board is the board

Fuck, then. This movie is just going all out. The trailer is great, hope the film doesn’t get weighed down by how much stuff is going on with it.

Also I want to know how this effects Kang

• 2 weeks later...

@OCH if that’s what it ends up looking like then that’s crazy accurate.

Taika really fell in love with Jason Aaron’s Thor comics when they made Ragnarok. I saw him talk about how much he got in to it when doing the research, and now he’s just taking all of it and doing this movie.

Because She-Hulk is CG I can't tell if this is a drawing or what she will actually look like in the show but according to this website this is official first full look at She-Hulk

shes-s.jpg

thermos-hulk.jpg

https://thedirect.com/article/marvel-she-hulk-disney-plus-photos-look

Apparently this comes from official Marvel merchandise (Glasses) can't tell if this is what she will actually look like or this is a close artist approximation. 

^Not too far off her classic look, to be fair.

Spoiler

t1hzs5izvyk51.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

Meanwhile,

Spider-Man spin-off Kraven the Hunter finds another villain

Girls star Christopher Abbott is feeling villainous as he joins Kraven the Hunter.

Part of Sony's Spider-Man Universe, this upcoming blockbuster puts Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Tenet) front and centre as Russian big-game hunter Sergei Kravinoff, who's blessed with a masterful tactical mind and the power of a jungle cat.

According to Deadline, Abbott's character will be the movie's main baddie, The Foreigner.

Sergei (commonly referred to as Kraven) certainly has his hands full here, with assassin The Foreigner not only possessing incredible martial arts and disguising skills, he's also famed for placing his opponents under a 10-second state of hypnosis through eye contact.

Meanwhile, a couple of weeks ago it was confirmed that Fred Hechinger (Pam & Tommy) had signed on to play the title character's brother The Chameleon, while Alessandro Nivola also jumped aboard as a mystery antagonist.

Sony's Spider-Man Universe will return later this month with the release of Morbius, starring Oscar winner Jared Leto (House of Gucci) as Dr Michael Morbius, the 'living vampire'.

"Tonally it's really character-driven," teased Martine Bancroft actress Adria Arjona.

"It's both really fun but also really grounded and dark. You follow three characters throughout the story. Not a lot of people know about Morbius, so it's going to be really cool to introduce Morbius as a character, who is so interesting."

Alongside Leto and Arjona, Jared Harris (Chernobyl), Tyrese Gibson (Fast & Furious), Matt Smith (Doctor Who) and Al Madrigal (The Way Back) fill out the cast.

Just to throw some multiversal confusion into the mix, Michael Keaton's Spider-Man: Homecoming character The Vulture cameos too.

Kraven the Hunter heads to cinemas on January 13, 2023.

Kraven gets his own film now?🤔

Every film I've been to see lately, has featured the trailer for Morbius. Which I think looks worse with every new trailer. Yet it seems Sony are going to push forward with this film series regardless...

Watched no way home and pretty much found it bland. I’d hoped

Spoiler

Toby

was in it sooner and more but it was late and barely in it. Every previous villain looked worse than it had with Raimi because the direction is on par the more recent outings and nothing spectacular or radical.

I thought they’d do more with what they had. The wizard can and can’t do whatever he wants to suit the narrative. 

If you’re on board with and loving Marvel I can see why you’d like it but as a fan of the previous outings only it’s definitely not worth the running time commitment.

IGN put up the first 10 minutes of NWH. There are some good laughs here but I kind of hate the relationships between everybody involved and it’s very cartoony compared to Homecoming. Is the whole movie like that?

1 minute ago, one-armed dwarf said:

I mean, who doesn't know about that at this point. They've appeared in marketing now as well

C'mon man, it's a huge fucking spoiler don't give me that shit. Just cause its been a few months doesn't mean people have seen it, it's not fair on folks that want to go in blind.

if we were talking about something in Thor Ragnarok or one of the less big event films maybe, but I think this particular spoiler has already entered into 'thanos finger snap' territory. Toothpaste out of the tube, moratorium seems expired. Graham Norton had one of the actors on (it wasnt Holland) and it was spoiled on that too

Anyway, meh, idc that much lol