passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

I don't think he is type cast as Spidey. I like his performance but it's not exactly so amazing I couldn't imagine anyone else playing the role. I think the only person from the MCU that might have that trouble is RDJ. He put so much of his own personality in Iron Man, and did that role so well, that when I see him I'm like oh it's Iron Man.  

20 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Why you mentioning Chris Reeve? Dude got paralyzed, I think that was a bigger career derailer than Superman

No, no. It's a thing. Noted before he was paralyzed. The 'Superman Curse'. Similar to the stunted careers of actors after being James Bond (aside from Sean Connery).

To be fair, it is quite open as new Spider-Men goes. Ben Reilly, Miguel O' Hara or Miles Morales are all potential Live Action successors. 

I vaguely remember her being in the New Avengers comic when she was Ronin. I remember the mask coming off and the characters being like “It’s Echo!” And I remember being like “Who?”. 

I’m pretty sure she’s deaf. I think maybe that ties in with her super powers maybe

EDIT: @OCH Outside of the cartoon show what live action project you think will cameo an X-Men first? Like what if they put an Apocalypse reference in Moon Knight

18 minutes ago, Maf said:

EDIT: @OCH Outside of the cartoon show what live action project you think will cameo an X-Men first? Like what if they put an Apocalypse reference in Moon Knight

Dr Strange 2 or FF. Either one of them are important enough to set the stage for the Mutants. They won't do it through the shows.

32 minutes ago, Nag said:

What's Echo?

Echo is in the current Hawkeye show.

I watched Shang-Chi again at home the other night and enjoyed it a lot more than the first time. It's not doing anything particularly new, but it's quite good fun and doesn't out stay it's welcome. Some parts in it are really fucking dumb though.

I also watched The Eternals the other night. Not really sure what I thought. Guess it was good that it felt a little different to the current MCU mold, but also I didn't think it was particularly good. Not in a rush to watch it again or see the characters again.

Also, started watching Hawkeye, seems like it'll be good, maybe the best of the D+ shows so far. The Cap musical at the start of the episode was genuinely pretty funny and very well observed.

The first two Episodes of Hawkeye I wasn't blown away by. I just found Kate quite annoying, not very funny and I just didn't really warm to her at all which made both episodes feel a bit pointless as I just didn't care about the character. 

Thankfully, the third episode is much better and she's begun to grow on me, the chemistry and relationship with Hawkeye has begun to grow as well which has got me more invested. From the first two episodes I think this has been the weakest D+ Marvel show so far, but Ep. 3 has made me more invested in it and more excited for the rest of the season to come. 

It’s just a look. No more, no less.

I really liked Black Widow, but the thing that would make it even better is if it were a video game. I think out of all the MCU films and characters there’s none more ripe and ready for video game adaptation that Black Widow and this whole thing. There was so many moments where I kept thinking that looks really fun and I wish I was playing it. 

This is not really spoilers but I ended up writing way more about this movie than I think anyone cares to read so in the box it goes. Overall, thought it was pretty good fun but the film just doesn’t feel like it’s about anything which I think would stop me from rewatching it anytime soon.

Spoiler

Credits rolling on Black Widow so fresh impressions. I really enjoyed it. Thought the action was great. Loved the fight between her and Taskmaster at the start. Super cool. I really liked the relationship between Nat and Yelena. Lot of fun banter but also some nicer, soft moments as well. One of the questions about this movie was what will it do for the rest of the MCU. Well it set up Yelena. I think they did a good job at making a new Black Widow who isn’t an exact copy of the old one, but can sort of fill that role, with a bit of work. 

I wish they had done more to specify why Nat is the best of the Red Room and why Yelena would be a close second. There was a throw away line about her genetics yada, yada, but seemed a bit bogus to me and I think it’s a question a lot of MCU fans wanted answering. Why is Black Widow good enough to be on the Avengers? Even in her own movie, where they did really cool stuff with her, the fact there were 50 other characters that could all sort of do the same stuff. I wish they did more to separate her and show us why she is special.

I thought the overall plot was basically a repeat of Civil War in a way. I think they even reuse the same kind of dialogue about how these soldiers can single handedly over throw countries and blah. It’s like Ok whatever. But in Civil War that was like a C-Plot to lay the superhero civil war on top of so it was always kind of throw away and not the point. Here it became the A Plot but treated with about the same level of care, maybe even less.

Honestly that whole scene with Black Widow and the bad guy where he was explaining everything lost me. When Nat turns to him and says something like “So you sit here and do all this and nobody notices. So are you even doing anything?” I was like yeah the film is almost pointing out how pointless this whole thing is.

And that is sort of my problem with this movie. It’s all kind of for nothing. The action is great. The 2 main characters are fun. But what is it in service of? Not even in terms of MCU status quo, just on it’s own terms, what is the point in this movie? It’s a good time. I guess you can give it that. But I dunno. I feel like this film is missing a point.

I won’t go as far to say it’s a waste of time. Because I did have fun. But I also kind of wish something happened. 

I also wish we were getting more Black Widow. She’s so cool. 

Although I’ll say I think Task Master was a better villain than most MCU films. Not in terms of character but a good opponent. Bonus points for a Marvel not ending with the hero fighting an evil version of their self.

I watched Black Widow last night... I'll keep my thoughts a little bit smaller than Maf, I enjoyed it.

And I've just finish Shang-Chi which was amazing, such a beautiful film.😍

I just watched Shang-Chi as well. Damn. That movie is so brilliant. I can’t think of anything in it I didn’t like. Some of the CGI at times looks ropey but for the big stuff it’s amazing. Marvel does anime as well now, and it’s fucking cool. I like that they even say Kamehameha they know what they doing lol.

Yeah, that film is great. Loved how they changed the 10 rings as well because in the comics they were pretty silly if I remember. I think they just gave the Mandarin elemental powers. But in the movie they’re bad ass. Really cool change. Although the fact they say he found the rings in a crater leaves the door open for them to still be Alien in origin. 

Yeah. Who would of thought that Shang-Chi would ever be this cool? I think this is the best Marvel film in a long time.