passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

I honestly don’t think you know how the world works, sometimes. Imagine this. You have a dog. And every time you take the dog out people love the dog. They love the dog so much they start giving you money so they can keep seeing the dog. And not only does the dog make you money every time you show it to people, it makes more money every time. Eventually your dog makes 1.2 billion dollars. And your thought process is - well the dog has never made so much money, and it’s popularity is at an all time high. I’ll know what I’ll do. I’ll take the dog out back and shoot it and get a brand new dog. 

No you are going to walk that dog to death. And when the dog eventually dies, you will get a new dog and call it the same name and walk it as much as possible until you are forced to get a new dog. 

Like I don’t know how much more simply to explain how business works. Like I think you know it as well but you just don’t like being wrong, even when presented with your own arguments.  

tenor.gif?itemid=10738076

You clearly don't get what I'm talking about, because that bullshit wasn't even remotely "my thought process". So never mind... I'm tired and have more important things to attend to for tomorrow morning.

Spoiler

Favourite characters in the film were

Cap

Iron Man

Thor

Hawkeye

Ant-Man

Ancient One

Captain Marvel

Just now, OCH said:

tenor.gif?itemid=10738076

You clearly don't get what I'm talking about, because that bullshit wasn't even remotely "my thought process". So never mind... I'm tired and have more important things to attend to for tomorrow morning.

No, you’re running away because you realise what you say is fucking stupid and there’s no come back to it. But whatever because I don’t want to have to explain the most obvious shit in the world anyway

Guys we’re getting off track. End Game was a brill, fun film.

& Captain Marvel was far better than I expected it to be, you should really watch it Maf. I think she looked a lot fitter with long hair though. Not sure how I feel about her being superman levels of all powerful though. And Odin Thor is still the best! 

There’s so much to say about this movie, and so much has been said here already. I don’t know if I loved it. I don’t know if it’s in my top 3 or 5 MCU films. But is obviously the biggest one, and so much happens, and I definitely need to see it more to absorb all of it. And that last battle sequence, that really felt like the true culmination of everything this series has been building to since Avengers 1. It was sheer, joyous, comic book wonder. Just everything. Fucking. Wow. 

@mfnick Superman would wreck everyone not holding an Infinity Gauntlet 

Spoiler

Or named Doctor Strange or Scarlet Witch

Yea but Superman is shit and boring. 

Agreed on this not being the best but still hugely enjoyable and like has been said that end battle is a stunning masterpiece! 

Im hoping repeated watches make it better overall too. I remember thinking Age of Ultron was actually pretty shit when I first watched it but appreciated it the more I watched it. Still not a great one but definitely got better, so hopefully this will go from being really good to great. 

8 minutes ago, Nag said:

Cool and awesome if you spell it s.h.i.t a.n.d b.o.r.i.n.g.??

People used to say the same about Cap for 20 years as well. They have the same basic personality except one is more Soldier like and one is more dad like 

Spoiler

Another thing that I loved was the meta commentary stuff from Iron Man about the state of the MCU at the end of the film. Where he says stuff about how there is a new universe as the camera goes from one set of characters to another at he’s funeral, and that they’re going to be ok and carry on without him, because he is exiting the franchise for at least a good while. That stuff was really nice. It’s a hell of an accomplishment this thing. 

41 minutes ago, DifferentClass said:
  Reveal hidden contents

You know I don’t know what it is but I really struggle to care about that character. On the one hand I’m amazed that actress went from, uh, another small to medium sci-fi show to being critical to one of the biggest movies of all time. But I just don’t think she does a very good job at making that character engaging or likeable on any level. 

Quite like Nebula. I think she’s being played as a machine trying to break it’s programming rather than a conflicted human, so that’s probably why she comes across cold.

Plus, I like it that she works as a counterpoint to all the grinning, wise cracking and back slapping going on around her.

Nebula has been consistently good since her debut in GoTG. I was a little surprised they didn't pay any homage to her iconic moment from Infinity Gauntlet, in Endgame..

3bad626a02a41082da3b27adbb18f3c8.jpg

Wherein she undoes everything Thanos ever did to her and restores herself.

Ever since seeing Mr Mind in Shazam, I do look forward to seeing the comic book movies to come, move away from villain = man in business suit. Molecule Man, Fin Fang Foom, the Brood, the Mindless Ones etc etc Comics are weird and it is encouraging to see that beginning to open up now onscreen.

Spoiler

I was watching a spoiler review and someone made the point of everyone is really trusting of the Red Skull. And that made me laugh a lot because imagine if Skull got stranded on a planet with nothing to do so to get his kicks he just waits for random people to come along who he can trick to jumping off a cliff. He is basically that fucker from Dark Souls lol