passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The best video game music

Hendo

• 1 month later...

Since I don't have the specs on my little Tower to play much of anything. I've been watching a PC game on YouTube lately. Pizza Tower. A game I heard about that ticks a lot of boxes for me. Gives me Earthworm Jim vibes, for the surrealism to it all. This track I believe in particular sums up the energy of this game:

Wouldn't be surprised if this got posted here at some point already, but as I'm approaching the end of P5 I've really enjoyed this particular boss theme:

I like how it's fundamentally still very jazzy like the rest of its OST, but with a couple of unusual instruments mixed in for this genre. Not quite up there with P4 I think but the OST has really grown on me.

I've been playing a lot of SMT this year and let me tell you about some deeper cuts than P5.  No shade, P5 has some of the best bangers.  

But imagine a dubstep and nu-metal remix of the Nier soundtrack.  That's Soul Hackers 2:

And SMTV may have my favourite hang out in an open world music.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still in regular intervals playing Andro Dunos II and its soundtrack is really growing on me. The composer is Allister Brimble, which I shamefully have to admit I didn't know by name beforehand, but looking at the stuff he's worked on – yeah, I can see why this is so good. Just two examples, there's a bit of both Yuzo Koshiro and Michiru Yamane in those, but they're very much their own thing:

Sonic Frontiers had some really interesting music choices. The first one is from Sonic Forces, but they used it in Frontiers as well for one of the Cyber Space levels and I think it works really well 

This battle theme is so good 

I keep thinking the lyric is "Tell me the things you say you love about me behind my back" which isn't even close. But I prefer it so I'm sticking with it 

I really like this song, too, actually 

I think the rapper has gotten better since the original. The lyrics actually sound less like gibberish

"I wanna hear the good and bad, the new stories you have" is a really nice line as well 

For as much as I like Octopath 2 and the small but noticeable improvements over the first one, I think the soundtrack is the one part where it falls short in comparison. There's nothing that compares to the build-up to Decisive Battle or Primrose's leitmotif IMO.

Edit: probably posted this already at some point but the transition here into what I consider one of the best boss themes ever made is just unparalleled:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just found this YT channel of this girl playing VGM on Piano. But some of the videos are her reading/hearing the music for the first time. The way it's sort of right then just clicks as she gets it is so cool