passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The best video game music

Hendo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If there is one thing FromSoft generally excels at, it is ost. This I was pointed to as the best in Bloodborne. While the build-up is really good, from about the 4:15 mark onwards is where I would agree it is one of FromSoft's best.

I mean if we're going to talk about that theme it's got to be accompanied by the video where the phase shift happens

Which is 2:16 of this

Spoiler

In BB you spend the entire game fighting beasts who used to be men, priests, academics etc destroyed by their obsession with the old blood. You spend the whole game hearing of the shit these guys did but by the time you meet them they're basically 'gone', or you see them turn like Fr. Gascoigne. Ludwig is the opposite, a beast who still manages to cling to some of his humanity and is reminded of it by the sword he used when still a human.

It's like if Artorius took a break in the fight to have a chat with you, then started killing you harder. Well tbf the 'Holy Blade' part of the fight is actually easier but it requires you to fight him completely different, in a more aggressive style than the first phase where you're on the defence

I've often put this as maybe one of the best boss fights this gen, not for mechanics but how it gets across story.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nier is on the brain and so is its soundtrack, this is one of the tracks on the new Replicant version where I prefer the new version to the old one

This one is entirely new to Replicant, no version of it in the OG. Called Fleeting Words (if it disappears)

And just to be difficult and cause dammit I'm sad it got changed my fave the 'God Bound By Rules' from the OG game

• 3 weeks later...

A couple came to mind the other day, from the PSOne classic Vandal Hearts:

For whatever reason, only the "extended" version is available for Occultist. You'll get the idea after the first couple of minutes though.

• 2 months later...

I was talking about Tetris Effect and then remembered how amazing the music is

God this game is magnificent. It might be top 5 games of the last generation for me it’s such a thing.

People don’t really debate about if video games are art anymore but here is your answer some of them

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been playing a lot of Axiom Verge 2 lately and you can do a lot worse than what I've been listening to.

Not to spoil it but it's a game of two sides.  And sometimes it sounds awesome in a different way

Spoiler

And sometimes it totally rocks 🤘

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...