passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

PlayStation Plus price hike. £49.99 a year.

retroed

As of the end of August. Any codes added before then can be stacked.  

Screenshot_20170728-095821.jpg

I wish there was a reduced pay to play online-only PS+. I download the games each month, but rarely play any of them.

Fuck this, probably wouldnt renew next year at this price. I dont even download the games that often and when I do I dont play them, just end up deleting them when I need the space for something I want. The download speeds I find intolerably slow considering the speed my broadband is so I dont know how they are going to justify this price hike. 

Annoying. I give MS 6 months before they do similar tho. It's just this industry. I mean hopefully they don't, so it might convince a U-Turn from Sony.

For all the blustering though I play online a lot. So I get use out of it and need it. I make use of the deals aswell recently bought Rime for 36% off. PC is better in this regard but what ya gonna do <_<

Luckily I got cheapo deals and I'm good till Nov 2019. Might grab another likely deal online and stretch it out some more...

Yeah I'm thinking of getting another 12 months before the price goes up, then I'll be ok until November 2018.

Will look at what games come up over the next 12 months and see if it's worth it to me after that. I don't play online very often and I have both PS+ and Gold, so one might have to be dropped (probably PS+ if Microsoft don't hike their prices).

Microsoft did much the same in early 2016, putting the monthly live price up from £4.99 to £5.99

At the end of the day if you want to play games online on PS4 you've no choice but to pay it. I have to admit I rarely play the PS+ games at all (although in 2017 so far there has been some decent months at least) but I couldn't imagine not being able to play online so I'll just have to swallow the extra £10 when it comes to it at the end of the day.

I took advantage of a deal back in March/April time for 12 months PS+ for £28 so I'm all set until December 2018, I'm sure there'll be discounts around when its £50 anyway, I'm betting not a lot of folks on here paid the full £40 for their current PS+ subscriptions when they signed up.

I'm gonna go out there and say this is nothing to do with Brexit. It's a Europe-wide price hike so it's all about Sony just going for a cash grab.

If the quality of PS4 games on Plus increases with the price then I'll be quite happy. If they keep offering exactly the same service with no improvements and no better games I'll stop getting it.