passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Destiny 2

Sambob

:lol:

2 hours ago, Sambob said:

The curse of the miserable scouse man strikes again, my girlfriend is doing a four day charity challenge and has the key for the mailbox... Gets back Thursday. 

Looks like I will be fashionably late to this party then. 

Noooooo! That's a bummer.

My limited edition from Game I'm not sure has been sent yet. Rather annoying. If it ain't here tonight I'm tempted to get it digitally. F*ck waiting. Only time I'll go silly on a game.

Wow, and so it fucking begins... 6gb patch followed by 28gb game content download upon starting the game. What was the point of me buying the fucking disk if i need to download 34 gb of data. 

Thank fuck I've got a 100mb connection. 

Bad start from bungle. 

The achievements mean more to Illerz than mates :P

Some Destiny 2 Microtransaction loot gives you a gameplay advantage

Destiny streamer KingGothalion was inspecting the possible contents of Bright Engrams, which can be purchased for Silver, Destiny's real-money currency, at microtransactions store Eververse.

The possible contents of Bright Engrams include the following:

Ability cooldown armour mods: "Chance to contain an armour mod that decreases the cooldown of one Arc, Solar, or Void subclass ability." Can affect Super, grenade, or melee abilities.

Character stats armour mods: "Chance to contain an armour mod that slightly enhances a character stat." Can affect resilience (increases shield HP), mobility (increases movement speed), or recovery (shields regenerate faster).

Weapon stats armour mods: "Chance to contain an armour mod that slightly enhances the weapon stats of an equipped Primary, Energy, or Power weapon." Can affect handling (equip speed), stability (recoil strength), and reload speed (obvious).

Elemental weapon mods: "Chance to contain a weapon mod that changes the element of an Energy or Power weapon."

Here's the archive of KingGothalion's stream. He checks out Eververse at 04:14:50.

There's no question that these mods confer a gameplay benefit; changing the elemental property of a gun will help pop some enemies' shields in PvE, higher stability equals more accurate shooting, and lengthy ability cooldowns were a key point of feedback from the console beta.

It's important to point out that, after you reach level 20, Bright Engrams will drop whenever you gain a new experience level (like Motes of Light did in the original game), meaning that you can earn an unlimited number during the course of normal gameplay. The gear that uses these weapon and armour mods can't be equipped before level 20, either, so there's no reason to spend money on Bright Engrams until then.

The actual gameplay impact of these mods remains to be seen, but unless it turns out to be huge, I wouldn't personally call 'pay-to-win'.

Silver doesn't seem to be listed on PSN or Xbox Live yet, but we know how much it'll cost thanks to a GameStop flyer unearthed by Hunticeland on Twitter. According to that:

1000 Silver + 100 bonus costs $9.99

2000 Silver + 300 bonus costs $19.99

As for Bright Engrams, according to KingGothalion's stream, here are their prices:

One Bright Engram costs 200 Silver

Three Bright Engrams cost 500 Silver

Five Bright Engrams cost 800 Silver

Besides these weapon and armour mods, Bright Engram contents are comparable to Eververse stock from the original game: they're either purely cosmetic, or armour with stats so low it needs infusion to make it worthwhile, meaning it needs a loot drop from normal gameplay.

Cosmetics have been hugely expanded, however: new items include transmat effects and Exotic sparrows, ships, and emotes - including the excellent 'Salty' emote, which to be fair, I'd pay for. Here's Bungie's FAQ on Eververse and the contents of Bright Engrams - it doesn't mention the mods.

destiny2silverbrightengrams.png

destiny2microtransactions.png