MFGamers

Death Stranding

DisturbedSwan

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, retroed said:

The CHVRCHES song is the best thing about Death Stranding. It makes me want to give the game a try.

They were playing some of the songs from the Soundtrack on Twitch before the Launch trailer dropped yesterday (didn’t listen myself as I’m saving it for the game) and people from Era are saying they were phenomenal. 

I believe the OST is composed by the same Composer as MGSV - Ludwig Forssell.

When one outlet gives a game a 3.5/5 and others are saying it's 40-85 hours long that seems so much more damning than a 3.5 star game that's 6 to 10 hours long.

The only one of those reviews I've read so far is the Kotaku review, which is full of furious praise cause the themes of the game connected so much with the writer. A writer I listen to a lot so I can't say my curiosity isn't piqued. But this sounds like it's going to be a very hard game to get along with.

Polygon liken it to a box of cum 

Death Stranding feels like two games in one, designed for seemingly opposite audiences. One is a wholly unique open-world adventure with asynchronous cooperative multiplayer that allows me to feel like I’m part of a community, building a world from scratch. And the other is a long, confusing, deeply strange movie. The former is pulling most of the weight, but they share equal screen time. And, like a steamer trunk full of sperm, it’s impossible to separate the good from the bad. It’s all in the same box.

Hype

edit,

I swear I'm not trying to pick on this game @Blakey, but this is the second comment I've seen now mentioning Thomas Pynchon and it makes me feel both wary and extremely curious (not so much the Dan Brown part..)

It’s fine I’ll just balance it out with some positivity considering most reviews are positive @one-armed dwarf ?‍♀️

The Guardian liken it to hope: 

Above all, Death Stranding is a sermon on the importance of belief. The power of putting one foot in front of another when hope looks lost, in the belief that things will get better. By working together, a series of small intentional steps can make a difference, and in this often fractured, angry and confusing world; that’s as hopeful as it gets.

It's not very surprising when you listen to him talk about MGS2. Most of the people who really like that game seemed into the weird messages of it, but he likes it cause it's got badass vampires and Octopus presidents and stuff. 

I don't really think he's ever properly connected with one of Kojima's games beyond the surface level stupidness of them, so it's not shocking that he hates this which has presumably little of the dumb comic book stuff to keep him distracted. Which I know is a very galaxy brain/rick and morty thing for me to say but still.

edit, wow Dan says it's his most hated game ever, lol