passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Far Cry Primal

radiofloyd

Ubisoft has now confirmed the recently-teased Far Cry Primal, which will launch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One worldwide on 23rd February 2016.

A PC edition will then follow in March 2016.
Ubisoft describes the game as the "the next exciting chapter" in the Far Cry series and a "full-fledged single player experience".
All of which sounds like Primal is intended to be the series' next big release rather than another spin-off like Blood Dragon. Indeed, unlike Blood Dragon, Primal is another physical release.
Primal will launch some 15 months after the Himalayan-set Far Cry 4, with some of the same team members involved. It's currently in development at Ubisoft Montréal, along with Ubisoft Toronto, Ubisoft Shanghai Studio and Ubisoft Kiev Studio.
Instead of Far Cry 4's elephants you can now hunt mammoths - as well as sabretooth tigers and bears (oh my!).
Set in 10,000BC, Far Cry Primal stars a hunter named Takkar. There's the usual huge area to explore and weapons to craft - but now no guns or vehicles to help.
You will still be able to fight other humans, though. Takkar's story will see him fight for his tribe to regain control of the region of Oros from other rivals - while avoiding being dinner for its animal residents.
"The interesting thing about Far Cry is that it's flexible," Far Cry 4 and Primal executive producer Dan Hay explained. "So when a team proposed to explore the idea of a Far Cry taking place during the Stone Age, we just said 'let's hear it!' And the more we heard about it, the more we realised how much of a damn good idea it actually was."
See how it looks in the reveal trailer below:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-06-stone-age-set-far-cry-primal-launches-in-february

Watched that last night ^^ interesting stuff, and digs a bit deeper into what the whole games about, the bit I found interesting though is the bit where he (Dan Hay) says about getting about, he says something like 'we had to think of new ways for players to get around the world without machinery and vehicles' or something like that, now maybe I'm just putting 2 and 2 together and making 5, but I could swear that kind of infers FC:P may have Ass Creed's Parkour system in it.

Think about it, getting around all those trees, climbing trees (which will presumably act as the radio towers in previous games), they've already got a fantastic parkour system in-house, change a few bits and pieces up and you've got an Ass Creed/Far Cry miss-mash....maybe I'm just imagining things, but I definitely felt that was inferred in that video.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

it's a very different game from Far Cry 3. It's kind of its own thing, more of a pair with the original Crysis than anything. Far Cry 2 is the beginning of what Far Cry has become, except tedious. Far Cry 3 is amazing, that's where I'd start

As for Crysis. The first game is a mixed bag, there's still nothing else like it, but I never found it let me play the way it promised to let me play, but I enjoyed it. Crysis 2 and 3 are underrated imo, loved both, 2 feels like more of a series of fps puzzles, 3 is more coherent in that regard. Except in the story, there's nothing coherent about the story in Crysis

Far Cry 2 is the beginning of what Far Cry has become, except tedious. Far Cry 3 is amazing, that's where I'd start

I completely disagree. I felt Far Cry 3 was the Hollywood version of Far Cry 2. They took the personality out of 2, i felt like a bad ass in 2. In 3 I hated the character I was and the characters I was supposed to be helping. Far Cry 2 was Transformers: The Movie. Far Cry 3 was Michael Bay fucking what I love in the ass.

Apart from the respawning checkpoint enemies... they were a complete pain in the arse.

I heard they're also instantly hostile and apparently clairvoyant (they all know where you are instantly), and chase for ages. Sounds massively annoying.

That combined with random malaria attacks, and guns that that break or jam without warning, means I'm never likely to play that game.

Primal seems like it's getting above average reviews, and at least its a bit different from the previous 2. Not sure which I'd play first out of that or FC4 though.

I started Blood Dragon the other day, partly because Primal reminded me I have it. I love the neon style, but so far I hate the cutscenes and can't figure out much of what's supposed to be going on in the story.

• 2 weeks later...

I've gone from not really being that interested in Primal, to really wanting it. Some very good impressions on rllmuk forum. I've seen it on The Game Collection for £36.95. Quite tempted but might hold out a little longer. I loved Far Cry 3. Played a bit of 4 but not more than a few hours.