passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Amiibo

Manicm

Managed to hold off when Nintendo store had them the other day, for £12.99. I did get a pre-order in for the Legacy Edition of Metroid: Samus Returns, though. September's expensive for Nintendo things. 

• 2 months later...

Game tend to mark up, I paid £14.99 before my game points for samus, while Nintendo charge about £12.99

Im hoping to get a Nintendo pre-order but if not at least I’ve got a pre-order in, disappointing that Nintendo released these as a 4 as I’m not too bothered about one of the amiibo.

Nag, your right I hate nothing more than dlc and micro transactions, my amiibo are more collections, I didn’t use them in zelda botw as they are boxed up still, I like the collector side of it.

I have used a few in the wii u game which unlocks micro games like one level of mario world or a level of Kirby, I think that’s great and hoped the switch would get it as well at some point.

@Nag I don't know where you get the idea that Amiibo that lock bits of content behind them don't come under scrutiny because they always do.

Big ones I remember is the original Splatoon, Shovel Knight's co-op mode and even as recent as the Metroid extra hard mode.

Unless you just wanted a whine about something.

@Nagis right to a point tbf, Nintendo have increasingly locked decent content away behind amiibo. How much of it is cynical and how much of it is them being naive or inept I'm not sure. They do get criticised for it, probably not enough 

And I'd also say it's fair to point out that I didn't get negged for having a go at Fortnite and no one got negged for having a pop at Player Unknown. No one (me) got told to stop complaining about it either even though there's people who like those games 

14 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

@Nagis right to a point tbf, Nintendo have increasingly locked decent content away behind amiibo. How much of it is cynical and how much of it is them being naive or inept I'm not sure. They do get criticised for it, probably not enough 

I dunno, I think for the most part the criticisms are taken on board (apart from Metroid, I dunno who makes these decisions) because I think they made the co-op mode in Shovel Knight available to everyone after the backlash and in Splatoon 2 the Amiibo unlock less content than the original.

But this idea that Nintendo don't get criticised by us just isn't true.  I mean I am bothered that about the extra hard mode being locked behind an Amiibo (more because it's locked behind the Amiibo I don't want as I would totally buy that Samus one) but I guess I didn't voice it because I don't care that much.

It just gets a bit odd when Nag (or anyone) comes in with criticisms of things they have no stakes in.  I'd expect criticisms of Nintendo to come from people who at least own something from them or have an interest.  If you don't it's just gonna rile those that do and not much else, but I guess that's what forums and social media are for so moaning and negging is gonna happen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

24 minutes ago, mr lakitu said:

Whats confusing about it? I’m making the exact same point. I’m sorry that providing evidence doesn’t fit whatever look I should have Ben. I’ll do you all a favour and fuck off. God forbid anyone should ever want to have differing opinions. 

Hopefully you see this and don't actually leave, but the difference is that your response was only going to antogonnise things. Mine too evidentially 

1 hour ago, mr lakitu said:

I’ll do you all a favour and fuck off. God forbid anyone should ever want to have differing opinions. 

Dude, c'mon, that's a bit of an overreaction. No one wants to see you go. You're the Gonzo of this Muppet Show.