passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Amiibo

Manicm

Thought would set up its own thread, but those damn little Nintendo characters are so addictive, I don't get it. I order them, they arrive I get all excited and then pop them on the bookshelf in a nice row.

I'm worse than an addict to make it worse I really want Rosalina and ive resulted in getting this amiibo from Japan, after trying to pre-order in the UK the last few weeks ive given up and paid £20 for an import.

I wonder if Nintendo had done this at the start of the Wii U would they of made a difference to the consoles sales? would they of sold more and more consoles for us crazy people to use there amiibo with?

Current collection stands at 9, with 2 more to arrive this weekend, then another 1 on the next wave and 2 more pre-ordered on the 6th wave of amiibo, and of course the one from japan which I should get 4 weeks after release.

I can't buy anymore, I have to resist!!

This is starting to get out of control.

Starting?!

I have Villager and Marth here with Meta Knight, King Dede and Rosalina on pre-order.

I actually only want Toad (for Treasure Tracker) and Marth (for the upcoming 3DS Fire Emblem game). The others are just going to collect dust/keep each other company/accidentally fall onto ebay...

The whole thing is wasteful and utterly retarded.

I have all of Wave 1 and 2 apart from Mario that got lost in the post, awaiting a replacement.

Had my Roselina cancelled by Gamestop, otherwise I have all the next wave on their way too. Tee hee!

EDIT: Sorry, had to edit the title, you cant have a question ending in an exlamation mark, let alone two.

I've given up on my search for Rosalina from the UK, looks like I won't find one on release and tbh its taken over. Every time I turn the laptop on I start to search and I have more Rosalina shortcuts on the iPhone than anything else, I just have to give up.

Its like when I was a kid, searching for those star wars figures I remember getting some that were rare and some not so rare, my poor dad rushing to toy stores before and after work only for my mum to give them all away 10 years later.

Still can't get this forum to paste from the clipboard, but anyway if you go to ebay and search Rosalina amiibo, about halfway down the page is an ad for all the wave1-3 amiibo's and the guy is after £995!!! although he doesn't have Rosalina.

Im not prepared to pay silly money, I have got one from japan, £22 inc postage, just the waiting game. Still checked a few this morning, hoping to ether get one cheap on ebay as loads of people put there's online or Tesco could be the saviour but they are still staying tight lipped, I even called head office and spoke to the buyer all I could get was we have some, but not sure if it will go on direct.

Going for a full boxed set because i think these things look great as collectable ornaments! Here is how they are set right now;

024D360E-E486-4714-AE01-0FE1E23F7D27_zps

And here are the latest arrivals from shopto;

9EEC66E4-ECF5-4656-AB30-1AA9E9405F5A_zps

Making a point of only buying at £10.99 or less from now on which means getting them all preordered when they are available to, will also get the classic mario set as I love their packaging.

Only missing Zelda currently and may have missed out on preordering Ness for now but I hope to find one soon. Also speaking from experience I wouldn't trust GAME with these as they tend to over preorder on them. The last wave was a struggle to find as GAME cancelled my order at the last minute! (Hence why there is no Zelda currently.) shopto have been great with wave 3 though so ordered 4 and 5 with them!

I've not kept them boxed (although I've been careful unboxing them and kept the boxes) but I have all 24 currently available. I've just been ordering them direct from Nintendo.co.uk as they come up

Amiibos_zpsdafemfoi.jpg

So far though, Wave 5 (Ness, Pacman, Wario, Lucina, Robin) haven't shown up at all for preorder and they rapidly sold out on shopto (the only other site I'd trust) so I'm going to be a bit fucked if Nintendo don't have them on their own site....seems a bit weird if they don't but I'm keeping tabs on it.

I'm definitely going for a full set of the Smash Bros ones, not 100% sure about the Super Mario set (asides from Toad) yet.