passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The PS+ Backlog Thread

Hendo

A bit like Sly's Steam one only I'm not going for complete randomness.

I'm gonna try to play at least some of my ever growing backlog (and I've only had Plus for one year) and if anyone wants to join me then that would be good.

Here is my main list:

Assassin's Creed III

Played maybe a couple of hours and got bored. Not in a great rush to go back but I didn't even get to the main character so that seems a bit of a shit run.

Brothers

As short as it is, not played much. Also bought it on PC and not finished.

Catherine

Not so interested in the puzzle gameplay but am interested in the story. Might play through on the easiest setting.

Demon's Souls

Want to play this just to see how the series has progressed.

DMC

Played about 10 minutes of the tutorial.

Dragon's Dogma : Dark Arisen

See above.

Giana Sisters : Twisted Dreams

Played a bit of this and enjoyed it.

GRID 2

Not so sure this one is for me, I like my driving games a bit more arcadey, less needing the brake.

Guacamelee!

Played quite a bit of this and really enjoyed it, want to go back.

Ico HD

Always felt like I missed out on this, I remember a mate showing it me and being a big fan.

Jak And Daxter Trilogy

Played none.

LittleBigPlanet Karting

Another short tutorial one.

Lone Survivor

Bought it on the PC but I don't think it had pad support.

Mafia II

Played a lot of this. Want to go and finish it but a very empty open world game.

Metal Gear Rising : Revengeance

Tutorial.

Metro : Last Light

Barely a few minutes in.

Motorstorm RC

Not played much, wasn't keen on the controls.

NBA 2K14

Not really sure why I bothered downloading this.

Need For Speed : Most Wanted

Not far in.

Payday 2

Currently playing and enjoying.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014

See NBA 2K14.

Puppeteer

Actually looking forward to this one, nearly bought it a few times when it came out.

Remember Me

Another tutorial one.

Shadow of the Colossus HD

Couldn't get on with the poor frame rate of the original, want to give it a fairer shake.

Sly Cooper : Thieves in Time

Know nothing about this one.

Stealth Inc : A Clone In The Dark

Payed a bit, not all that keen.

Vanquish

Started, didn't get far in, found it harder than I expected.

XCOM : Enemy Unknown

Also have this on PC but which version I play could go either way.

There are others I downloaded - some I played and didn't like so deleted soon after like Kingdoms of Amalur and the cartoon one about Vikings, some I finished, some I have on other systems like Borderlands 2.

So, anyone care to join me on each game or suggest what's next?

I'm pretty sure it'll be Puppeteer next for me though.

Vanquish is bloody briliant, bought it on release and had a great time with it.

Brothers is absolutely worth a playthrough, there's a reason people rave about it.

DMC and MGS Revengance are fantastic, can't go wrong with them.

Even on the very easiest setting, Catherine was too much for me. Got as far as the first boss, got utterly destroyed. Which is a shame, as the story is interesting, and up to that point I was enjoying it. But I'm fucking awful at puzzles, so got no further.

Assassin's Creed 3 I quit after two hours. Just can't be arsed with that series anymore.

Puppeteer I didn't like at all. Maybe I'm just a miserable bastard, but I soon got bored.

Not played Giana or Guacamelee, will have to give those a go.

I loved Catherine. I don't remotely consider myself a hardcore gamer but I played through it on Normal and loved every second. The difficulty was just right.

Dragon's Dogma is an interesting take on the genre, but I left it after 30 hours and haven't really felt compelled to return.

I loved the first Jak and Daxter, it was one of the games I got with my PS2 in 2001. Really nice platformer. Gorgeous visuals at the time.

Lone Survivor is probably worth a play, I believe the Director's Cut adds more content. It's interesting but also tedious and long.

Even on the very easiest setting, Catherine was too much for me. Got as far as the first boss, got utterly destroyed. Which is a shame, as the story is interesting, and up to that point I was enjoying it. But I'm fucking awful at puzzles, so got no further.

iirc apparently you can enter a cheat code to unlock a very easy mode - might be worth a try if you'd still like to play it.

I have a years psn+ code but am waiting to activate it because i need to upgrade the HHD on the ps3 so i can actually download some stuff. also have the hard drive ready but am too lazy to install it.

Unsurprisingly as I haven't spent as much time gaming this year, I haven't played a lot of the PS+ games I've downloaded. I don't claim everything that comes up (and don't have a Vita) so might not have as long a backlog as some people.

Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons

Okami HD

Need For Speed: Most Wanted

Thomas Was Alone

All completed.

GRID 2

Tried this and quite liked it, bought the PC version and deleted this version. Completed on PC.

Uncharted 3 single player

I have this on disc, but downloaded for convenience/laziness. I swear I'll get round to it soon.

Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time

Played a couple of hours of this recently. It's pretty good, though nothing new if you've played one of the other Sly games.

Scott Pilgrim vs the World

Played a couple of chapters. I'll probably play more if I have some time to kill.

Metal Gear Rising : Revengeance

Played the opening stage, killed a big robot. Seemed ok, I don't care about the story.

The Puppeteer

Payday 2

NBA 2K14

Remember Me

Hitman Absolution

Catherine

'Purchased' (but not downloaded yet) on the basis that I'm interested in at least trying them out.

Contrast

Giana Sisters

The Cave

'Purchased' (but not downloaded), basically because they were there and they don't look terrible.

Even on the very easiest setting, Catherine was too much for me. Got as far as the first boss, got utterly destroyed. Which is a shame, as the

story is interesting, and up to that point I was

enjoying it. But I'm fucking awful at puzzles, so

got no further.

iirc apparently you can enter a cheat code to

unlock a very easy mode - might be worth a try

if you'd still like to play it.

I have a years psn+ code but am waiting to activate it because i need to upgrade the HHD on the ps3 so i can actually download some stuff. also have the hard drive ready but am too

lazy to install it.

Yeah I used that code, and still couldn't do it. The boss kept killing me over and over, so I fucked it in the bin.

Yeah I used that code, and still couldn't do it. The boss kept killing me over and over, so I fucked it in the bin.

Oh fair enough, it's annoying when stuff like that happens, I had a similar thing with skies of arcadia, couldn't get past like the 3rd fight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Doki Doki Universe has surprised me a lot. It's like a cross between Scribblenauts and a psychological check up.

Runs terrible on the Vita, it's crashed numerous times on me. It's worth a look if you're into those sort of games though. It's an ideal lay in bed game as there's nothing too taxing or strenuous going on.

I was going to put a thread up about it, but I'm not sure I'll bother unless others get some time into it.

The stupidest thing about Doki is that you have to know how to play to get to the tutorial. It is bad game design, but overall it's not a bad game because of it. You should start off on the tutorial planet and then go to the home planet before it lets you off the reigns.

The rest of the game is a lot better than a lot of people give it credit for, the way it explains your choices after analysis without jargon makes it easy to understand why you chose that and what it reflects in you. It sort of reminds me of that Silent Hill game a bit, except with less fog and more life lessons on what it is to be human. It's like edutainment, I guess.