passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

HandsomeDead

A quick check on the net concerning said 2D Luigis's. Nothing too exciting...

There is a 2D Luigi game that unlocks, it could just be a hint toward that.

How To Unlock The Luigi Bros. 2D Game

On Super Mario 3D World’s title screen bottom-left corner you can unlock the Luigi Bros. 2D game. It’s a Luigi-themed version of the original Mario Bros. arcade & NES game!

Unlock Method #1: You must have a Super Luigi U savegame on the Wii U console that you’re currently playing Super Mario 3D World on.

Unlock Method #2: You must finish Worlds 1 to 8 of Super Mario 3D World.

There is a Luigi at the end of the first train level, too. I put a pic of it on Miiverse. I have seen others as well as that one.

I'm just gonna say I've done the 8 worlds and have seen the credits.

But I'm not done. Another world unlocked which is in space and has a Galaxy theme to it. I've only had a go at the first level and it is very hard and there seems to be places for quite a few extra levels in this world so I don't expect to be done with it quite yet, which is good 'cos I kinda don't want it to end.

DC...

I am on the 7th of those levels. Just getting through them is a mission (apart from the 5th, once I cracked the strategy I was ok). They are rock hard in places, great fun!

Oh, and:

Some of the level design is immense. They've not lost their touch!

DC...

I am on the 7th of those levels. Just getting through them is a mission (apart from the 5th, once I cracked the strategy I was ok). They are rock hard in places, great fun!

Oh, and:

Some of the level design is immense. They've not lost their touch!

I've just done all the levels on that world and unlocked Rosalina. On maybe one or two of the levels I've managed to get all the stars and the stamp but I can see some of those levels drinking up all my lives.

I could be wrong but some stars on seem attainable by getting power-ups from other levels, like I think on the first level you need a fire flower but I can't find one on the level at all.

There is a Luigi at the end of the first train level, too. I put a pic of it on Miiverse. I have seen others as well as that one.

But I'm not done. Another world unlocked which is in space and has a Galaxy theme to it. I've only had a go at the first level and it is very hard and there seems to be places for quite a few extra levels in this world so I don't expect to be done with it quite yet, which is good 'cos I kinda don't want it to end.

just did all thoes extra ones too, thinking i'm the king of mario or something (at this point i don't care about stars and stuff), then loads more unlocked! these are more like previous levels with new chalenges - i just did one that instead of powerups gave you a baseball to throw at the baddies - it was awesome :D edit - need to care about stars now as they're blocking my progress

just did all thoes extra ones too, thinking i'm the king of mario or something (at this point i don't care about stars and stuff), then loads more unlocked! these are more like previous levels with new chalenges - i just did one that instead of powerups gave you a baseball to throw at the baddies - it was awesome :D edit - need to care about stars now as they're blocking my progress

You're no king of mario if you ain't getting the stars. That's where the challenge lies. Some require some real top tier Mario controlling. I have all the stars and stamps in the first 8 worlds... the post game stuff is really, really hard to get the stars, though.

i was joking about the king of mario thing...i'm rubbish at platformers :raspberry:

edit -

think i've done all the levels now (although who knows maybe there's more) except the last one, doubt i'll do the last one though, it's:

its a boss rush and i'm useless/too slow at the snake boss.

still,

king of mario :awe:

edit2 -

that snake boss isn't as hard as i thought - i thought you had to climb the ones at the side to get a hit in but pretty much any of them work fine - so i nearly did it...then the next go it gave me the invinsible suit...so i used that.

so all levels finished unless there's more to unlock by collecting more stars or stamps?

i went back to try and get some more stars, got a few, but even on stage 4 there's some really hard ones - i could see one but don't have the skillz to get it.

I finished this yesterday, and I still can't work out what I think of it. I've not done the bonus set of levels, I tried one but turned it off after it became apparent my brain wasn't up to it at that point, but I appreciate the challenge of them. The end of the game does ramp up the difficulty, and there's some great ideas (shame they reuse old bosses through the last world though), but for whatever reason I never quite connected with the game like I thought I would and kept expecting to

the last boss made me laugh though

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01aile4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I played a bit of this before MH3U. I love how the levels in it encourage you to experiment and play. The last few sessions I've been going back trying to dig up the stamps and stars, nearly every time the game rewards you for seeing what's in every corner of the stage. There's only been a few instances out of 50+ levels where I've not liked what was on offer.

I can't say I'm too enthused about the time limit because of the reasons above. I want to poke about and inspect everything, when you have a timer in the top corner ushering you onwards it feels like you're being dragged through against your will.

These things still don't stop it from being a contender for GOTY, however. It's a really strong showing from Nintendo.

I'm a few stages in now and it's superb.

Just done a level where you have to jump on platforms to change their logo and have to go through one by one and not jump on any a second time. Nothing too taxing though I am stumped on finding the third star on the very first level in the game.

I'm a few stages in now and it's superb. Just done a level where you have to jump on platforms to change their logo and have to go through one by one and not jump on any a second time. Nothing too taxing though I am stumped on finding the third star on the very first level in the game.

Wall slide down near the bricks near the end of the bridge to find it.

You might want to consider blowing, tapping and rubbing the screen at certain times. You might get something nice or have an effect you weren't expecting.

• retroed changed the title to Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury