passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Uncle Dokuro

I'm probably gonna miss the next flash and community sale due to being fast asleep, so can someone pick anything that I'm after if it comes up cheap? Not so interested in the sims in the community one but the flash sale might have something.

You just got yourself a copy of Don't Starve. Amazingly it got me my last card to complete the set.

Gaming Santa Sly gifted me a copy of Killing Floor. I'm not sure exactly what it is, maybe a little Left 4 Dead-y?

Thanks, chap.

It's sort of like Left 4 Dead, except it's 6 player and has a class system where being successful can net you money to upgrade weapons and abilities in the shop. It's also the most Lahdaaaaan ttttaaaahn game you're ever likely to play.

So far I've picked up:

Cart Life

Dyad

Kairo

Starseed Pilgrim

RPGMaker VX Ace

X-Com: UFO Defense

Galactic Civilisations II

The games only cost me around €15. RPGMaker was a bit of an impulse purchase but what the hell, nice to have it. I didn't realise the original X-Com was on Steam so I picked that up. Nice to get a good deal on GCiv II as well.

There are deals on a few more games in my wishlist, mostly games outside my top ten though. I think I can wait for 75% on those.

The only other deal I might swoop for is 40% off Ys: The Oath in Felghana. Also hoping for bigger discounts on Rogue Legacy, Kentucky Rogue Zero, The Swapper and Monaco.

I'd like The Swapper and Rogue Legacy but I dont think they'll go cheaper than they have been already, they've not been out all that long. I've got plenty of stuff to be playing (I can't believe I'm typing this) so I'm in no rush for them, I'll pick them up when they no doubt go on sale either before or during the christmas sale

I've got Cart Life on my wishlist, I'm just waiting to see if that goes in a daily, if not my steam credit will buy that

My 3 most wanted right now are Monaco, Rogue Legacy and Prison Architect. I could easily see all 3 of them not actually going any cheaper than they already are.

What to do?

wait for monaco anyway, it missed out on a vote so i'd say the chances of it appearing cheaper later in the sale are high.

I have a question, and this seems as good a place as any to ask, so rather than starting a new thread, here goes. A mate of mine has been buying left right and centre from the sale, and has managed to get a fair few cards. Is there a point to them, other than having the set? Or do they serve a purpose?

If he was the full set he can craft them from his inventory to make a badge (if not he needs to trade for them) . Making a badge will get you some fairly useless stuff like a background and an emoticon, and also 100xp which should level up his steam account. That doesn't seem that important yet but Valve have said they want to reward their best users in the future.

Ao that's what you can do if you keep them, if sell them you get money in your steam wallet

Also...not Steam related but what the hell, The Cat Lady is currently the featured game on Indie Game Stand:

I paid $1 and redeemed the game on GOG. If you don't know what The Cat Lady is here's the GOG page and the official site, meant to be excellent.

I bought this but I never got a confirmation email for my account, when I request it to be resent it doesn't turn up. I assumed that you'd get a download code emailed to you but you dont, it goes in to your game wallet, which i can't get in to because I never set up a password because I never got a confirmation email

this is all your fault

Also...not Steam related but what the hell, The Cat Lady is currently the featured game on Indie Game Stand:

I paid $1 and redeemed the game on GOG. If you don't know what The Cat Lady is here's the GOG page and the official site, meant to be excellent.

I bought this but I never got a confirmation email for my account, when I request it to be resent it doesn't turn up. I assumed that you'd get a download code emailed to you but you dont, it goes in to your game wallet, which i can't get in to because I never set up a password because I never got a confirmation email

this is all your fault

Got you! I mean er, that's weird... Heh, have to say this steam sale has been a bit shit though.

Well that's it. The Steam sale has officially got me. I have now bought more than one game I already own on another system. McPixel is fine as it's a short pick up and play game but Dark Souls on the other hand.....

The Binding of Isaac

Borderlands 2

Botanicula

Dark Souls

Don't Starve [gifted]

Gunpoint

Just Cause 2

Killing Floor [gifted]

McPixel

Reus

The Ship

Sid Meier's Civ V (Gold upgrade)