passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Final Fantasy XV

radiofloyd

I had a go on the demo the other day and it was quite good, looks really ace and I guess I liked the combat although you dont get to try it much. Loved the music and atmosphere and I think I will definitely aim to get this game.

EDIT: Adding a reaction to that video is does look very nice although you have to agree about the frames thing. Watching it makes me feel quite excited in the same way I did about FF10 coming out, it looks beautiful and had many varied environments, I just hope they get the story and general feel right, I want to be able to always enjoy playing this game at all times, not having jarring great swings of enjoyment and frustration.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hope they're unfounded, but annoying if true, a 2 month delay isn't a lot when people have been waiting for this game for so long and if it's needed to polish the game up a bit more and push the frame-rate upto a stable 30 etc. then I won't begrudge Square it at all, that September 30 slot was so good for me though being so close to my Birthday, will have to get something else as a present now... :lol: 

Yep, I got this 

NEW RELEASE DATE SET FOR FINAL FANTASY XV TOKYO / LONDON / LOS ANGELES (Aug. 15, 2016) – To deliver the iconic FINAL FANTASY experience to audiences around the world, SQUARE ENIX® today announced that the global release date for FINAL FANTASY® XV will be November 29, 2016.
        This release date will allow the development teams time to further polish and conduct quality testing so that the reality of the game can match the expectations of both the fans and the creative teams.

You are right though, presumably all you can really do at this stage in a games development is textures, anything other than that and you are risking introducing bugs. Unless they are play testing it and finding game breaking bugs, which you would hope not at this stage.

53 minutes ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

What can they realistically do in an extra 4 weeks? Keeping in mind they still need to produce the discs as well. I would have thought they would be... Burning(?) them already? 

Optimisation I guess. None of us are really qualified to say, but they must be able to improve it otherwise why bother 

Completely agree, particularly with all the surrounding launch campaign, its going to be costing them a pretty penny which suggests some sort of substantial changes really. Delays like this always really confuse me.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess most people interested in the game have already seen the gameplay video that shows about 50 minutes off. I think its worth watching if you havnt yet, im watching it again with a gamer commenting on it, highlighting a few things I missed etc. 

Im really excited for this, the combo combat looks excellent, its put to rest some of the little fears i had about some elements of the game.