passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Final Fantasy XV

radiofloyd

Final Fantasy Versus XIII is no longer Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Square Enix director Tetsuya Nomura announced in a special video message that the much anticipated PlayStation 3 title is now Final Fantasy XV for PlayStation 4.

http://gematsu.com/2013/06/final-fantasy-xv-announced-for-playstation-4

http://youtu.be/Q6jLw1iDCwI

Looking forward to Square's "Future of Final Fantasy" tomorrow! :)

That's a definite Playstation exclusive now then, yeah?.

I'm glad you asked, Nag.

Last night Square Enix announced that Final Fantasy 15 would be coming to PlayStation 4, but today at an E3 presentation the publisher announced that it would be coming to Xbox One as well.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is also being ported to Xbox One.

A few minutes of gameplay footage was shown off of Final Fantasy 15. It looked like you play along with two other NPCs, while your command menu consists of "warp," "attack" and "inform." It looked pretty action-based as the lead warps around to various enemies, dishing out sword slashes. At one point he even high fives his comrade after they helped out in a fight.

Elsewhere, Square revealed that you'll be able to transfer your save data from the PS3 version of Final Fantasy 13: A Realm Reborn to its PS4 version due next year. The PC and PS3 versions are due on 27th August worldwide.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-11-final-fantasy-15-set-for-xbox-one-too

Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III coming to PS4 and Xbox One.

That's a definite Playstation exclusive now then, yeah?.

I'm glad you asked, Nag.

>Last night Square Enix announced that Final Fantasy 15 would be coming to PlayStation 4, but today at an E3 presentation the publisher announced that it would be coming to Xbox One as well.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is also being ported to Xbox One.

A few minutes of gameplay footage was shown off of Final Fantasy 15. It looked like you play along with two other NPCs, while your command menu consists of "warp," "attack" and "inform." It looked pretty action-based as the lead warps around to various enemies, dishing out sword slashes. At one point he even high fives his comrade after they helped out in a fight.

Elsewhere, Square revealed that you'll be able to transfer your save data from the PS3 version of Final Fantasy 13: A Realm Reborn to its PS4 version due next year. The PC and PS3 versions are due on 27th August worldwide.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-11-final-fantasy-15-set-for-xbox-one-too

Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III coming to PS4 and Xbox One.

Kingdom Hearts is also coming to Xbox One .... amazing. Happy camper now.

Following its announcement for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Square Enix has released a brand new gameplay trailer for Final Fantasy XV at E3.

The in-game footage was unveiled earlier today at Square Enix’s “Future of Final Fantasy” media event and showcases the first real-time combat system in the series.

Watch it below.

http://gematsu.com/2013/06/final-fantasy-xv-e3-battle-gameplay-trailer

http://youtu.be/LBilT83Uq4A

• 1 year later...

I had to watch that trailer again. I can't get over it. People are gonna hate it so much.

I've been playing bits of Final Fantasy VIII and I'd forgotten how goofy that game actually is and I think this may be similar. I mean you're a bunch of teens in a shiny convertable, getting out to fight monsters and soldiers in your shirt. I just hope they put a bit of a decent story in there this time. Keep it simple. Just make it about a bunch of pretty boys in a car and what they get up to in that world of monsters.

• 1 month later...

Have a ten minute long video of some haircuts running around a place:

I think even if it turns out bad it still will be a really good hang out game. I'm starting to look forward to this as much as Xenoblade Chronicles X. I really think the new blood leading this game is what the series needed.

• 1 month later...

Square Enix debuted a new trailer and gameplay details for Final Fantasy XV at Jump Festa.

The city showcased in the trailer is called “Restarg.” Director Hajime Tabata describes it as not one of the game’s biggest cities, and it has a major connection to the titan shown in the trailer. Both the titan and Restarg will not be accessible in the Episode Duscae demo included with early copies of Final Fantasy Type-0 HD. The entirety of the town is seamlessly connected, though Tabata can’t confirm whether it’ll be viable to do for game as whole. Here, players will be able to stay at hotels, where they can rest and eat, as well as take part in various events. You’ll also be able to drive your car around.

While you’ll have your car to drive around the world, there are some places you’ll reach by train. You’ll be able to move around inside these trains freely.

Camping and resting is important in Final Fantasy XV. If you don’t sleep, you won’t get proper status aliments, and thus won’t be able to use buffs during battle. Resting at camp is also necessary to level up. You can go at max three days without sleep before things get bad. Each day is about an hour in real time, with 40 to 45 minutes consisting of daylight. Making food and eating will confer beneficial effects. You can buy food at markets and then prepare it at campsites, which bestows buffs. Sleeping will help maintain those buffs longer.

You’ll fight summon beasts, but can acquire them by satisfying various conditions. To make up for the titan’s absence, in the demo players will be able to summon a summon beast with less story importance, which they can control. It is apparently quite powerful and what it is will be a big surprise.

While we’ve seen a lot of swordplay so far, we have yet to see much magic. The reason for this, according to Tabata, is that the team has been more concerned with fleshing out the core of the battle system. Every time something new is shown off to the public, the team has to polish it so it’s up to snuff and at the moment magic is lower priority in terms of showing the diversity of combat moves and such. In Final Fantasy XV‘s internal lore, Noctis is only one that can use magic. But by way of a special system, party members will be able to use it as well so as to add gameplay variety.

The newly revealed mechanic character, who you’ll see in the trailer, is named Cindy. She doesn’t play a big role in the game’s story, but is important to the gameplay as a mechanic. She’ll also appear in the Episode Duscae demo.

Cor, who we saw in last year’s E3 trailer, will be able to join the party and fight. The party doesn’t have fixed members, so guests like Cor can join in. Cor isn’t a friend of Noctis’, but an advisor to Noctis’ father, the king. He watches over the group.

Both English and Japanese voice-overs are planned for the Episode Duscae demo, but multiple languages for the retail version could be problematic due to European languages and timing issues, Tabat said. He hopes, however, that they’re able to release a single SKU with all languages available worldwide.

Square Enix showcased both Cindy and the town of Restarg more in-depth via short gameplay videos. For the latter video, they used an NPC dog to bring us through the in-development town whilst avoiding spoilers. The background scenery where the dog decides to pee is apparently of big importance to story. When you’re actually walking around as Noctis, you’ll be able to hear NPCs talking and such as you get close to them.

Again, the Episode Duscae demo for Final Fantasy XV will be included with early copies of Final Fantasy Type-0 HD. But Tabata has plans to put out the Tokyo Game Show tech demo as a free download for those who can’t afford to get Type-0 HD right away. Details are scant, but it won’t arrive until after Episode Duscae.

http://gematsu.com/2014/12/final-fantasy-xv-jump-festa-2015-new-trailer-gameplay-details

• 2 months later...

Yeah I think youd probably guess that the left was pre-rendered but its a very close thing. So excited for this game to come out, even though I doubt I will see it through to the end of the release. The demo is going to be great, im genuinely considering buying Type-0 HD for it..

40 minutes if footage here:

• 3 weeks later...