passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Witness by Jon Blow

Hendo

Braid is good, but there gets to a point where it goes from "Hey, I'm so smart for working that puzzle out" to "I literally have no idea how I worked that out" to "What the blazing fuck am I meant to do here? I've tried every option my mortal brain can conjure."

Yeah, it's probably more than many expected, especially for an 'Indie' game but then it's a MUCH bigger game than many expected as well and has been in development for 7 years so I don't begrudge them pricing it that high at all, Sly's right though, it will, unfortunately, affect sales.

Also, Floyd, I thought Braid was meant to be awesome? Never played it but only heard good things, you didn't get on with it?

It's a puzzle game that involves manipulating time and thinking outside the box. Manipulating time is no problem, I do it every day, but thinking outside the box? No can do. In all seriousness, it was really hard, I barely made any progress in it. I remember you had to move a key around the map, it was so annoying. I'm sure there are people on here that loved it though...Nag probably beat it with his eyes closed.

the level "the fickle passenger" almost made me snap my controller in half.

Wow, this game has reviewed well.

IGN - 10

Destructoid - 10

Videogamer - 10

Game Trailers - 9.4

Game Informer - 9.25

Gamespot - 9

PC Gamer - 89%

Polygon - 8

Eurogamer - Recommended

I love the sound of it but I have too many games to play to justify paying €40 for it, but I wouldn't blame anybody that does. Sounds pretty special. I'll have to nudge it up my Steam wishlist a little...

Wow, this game has reviewed well.

IGN - 10

Destructoid - 10

Videogamer - 10

Game Trailers - 9.4

Game Informer - 9.25

Gamespot - 9

PC Gamer - 89%

Polygon - 8

Eurogamer - Recommended

Good Job Radio. Metacritic can be helpful sometimes... But posting reviews like this tells me all more than just a number, even tho it is more work.

As for The Witness. I think I'm going to pick it up. it looked like it was just a series of pipe puzzles going by trailers but going by reviews there's a lot more mystery to it than that. Excited to play it.