passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dishonored

DANGERMAN

I just did the masked ball mission. What a set up! I went in with the intentions of only killing my target and ended up duelling some crank. I blew his throat through the back of his neck, fucker deserved it for painting me into a corner. I made amends by making Lady Boyles life a misery though, I knocked her the fuck out and gave her to what can only be described as a creepy rapist.

Those guys walking on the stilts are pretty unsettling, they move about in a way that sets my skin crawling.

I'm going back to the area at the start of the game now to finish off what started all this. I guess that will be the end of the game. Hopefully I can figure out a way to knock the target out and throw him off the 2000ft drop to his eventual death. It'll be like Crackdown all over again, climb the agency tower and then throw some cunt off the top.

I just did what I thought was the last mission. There's very little leeway for error if you're stealthing through, it'd have been way easier just to smash my way through by killing every motherfucker where they stood instead of sneak and strangle.

Now onto getting my revenge on those double crossing shits. :ph34r:

That's it, all finished up. The very last mission was a fucking nightmare, Although I only had to kill 2 or 3 people it could have been a lot easier. The amount of people patrolling was ridiculous at points.

Ending/choices

I couldn't really make head nor tail of parts of the story. Why did those ethereal moments happen? Also, Granny Rags was the best assassin that ever lived? Fucking what? This was made even weird by the fact that at the start of my game she was killed and eaten by rats. :blink:

I got an ended where I was half poisoned by Samuel and thrown to the assassins. I was locked up and had to get back to the pub where it was now under control by the enemy. I helped a few people out, called Samuel and then went into the last mission. He wished me well and then bottled out of hanging around because he feared for what was going to happen. When I got to the bad guy in the lighthouse, I knocked him unconscious, saved the kid and everyone lived happily ever after because my actions caused a golden age. When Corvo died he was buried in that circle thing where the start of the game happens with the murder.

I assume that's the good ending, whatever it is it'll do for me.

I was surprised at the credits, I thought Susan Sarandon was dead and Carrie Fisher was out of acting besides doing cameos.

Anyway, good game that, thoroughly enjoyed it.

• 2 months later...

Got the game of the year version ridiculously cheap on Steam so I've started again.

I'm pretty much where I got to the last time, just done the mission with the poison, saving the woman's uncle.

I'm playing in exactly the same way I did last time, which is trying to be stealthy and non-lethal but actually getting caught out quite a bit. Though I am taking most people down non-lethally but I was hoping to be more of a ghost.

I'm really enjoying it, shame I stopped playing originally. It does feel a lot like Bioshock and helps coming straight from Mark of the Ninja.

From the sounds of it, I'm potentially on the last mission, it's certainly got a lot tougher.

I was doing relatively well at stealthing it but now I'm getting caught a lot and either dying loads of stabbing dudes. I even stabbed some maids in the last mission so I guess my ending will be pretty dark.

I'm fully expecting a twist ending to come anyway, might be disappointed if it doesn't turn out that way.

I think I only killed 1 or 2 people on that last level, I could have avoided it if I'd have known, it was more like reactionary kills than anything. I spent ages strangling out people and then hiding them either in the little hole in the middle or on top of the garrison where enemy eyes couldn't see to.

I killed pretty much everyone. Spared the boatman but late in the game where you choose between helping Granny Rags or some poor tied up dude, I told both of them I would help them, killed her then let him out and stabbed the cunt.

I'm very impressed with the City Trials DLC. For 400 points whatever that is in real money, I think it's a bargain.

I enjoyed the stealth assassin missions the most, finding clues and taking out targets was a great opener.

• 10 months later...

I guess it makes some sense with a sequel on the way for a different set of consoles. I get the feeling that a bit of a backlash against remastered old games is brewing, but this is from the perspective of someone who reads gamimg enthusiast sites and forums etc. I don't know if sales reflect that though.

It would be a shame if this one was hurt because of a backlash, because its a fucking brilliant game.

That said I've already got it on PC with the story DLC, so not really bothered about a new version.

I have this tied to my PSN account through PS+ but I've not tried it yet. I think I will at some point and if I'm a few hours in and I love it I'll uninstall it and play through it with this new edition. If I just thinks it's a bit good I'll probably not bother and just continue with the PS3 version. Or in the case I think it's pish I'll just stop.

• 1 month later...

Definitive Edition out at the end of August. If you own either the PS3 or 360 version digitally, you can get it for £15 on their replacement platform.

It's been on Games with Gold and PS+, so there's a good chance you got it for free anyway. It's available to pre-order on Xbox One store right now, says £15 for me. Not sure if I'll go for it or not yet.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm currently playing this on ps4 with all the proverbial whistles and bells added to it. Enjoying it so far and going for the sneaky approach. For some reason in constantly reminds me of Half Life 2

some of the people behind Half-Life 2 worked on this, I think the art director or something. Either way you're not imagining it

I fucking loved this game, loved the tone of it. I'm not sure I'm itching for a sequel though, not as much as I thought I would be. It felt like a game that could just be its own thing