passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

E3 2012 - Sony

Hendo

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished watching the Sony press conference. Wow, Sony really don't seem to want to see the Vita succeed, do they? ACIII Liberation had a decent bit of coverage, but to mention CoD: Black Ops Declassified and not have a trailer or even some screenshots was bad. And what about all the other Vita titles that are coming out? Poor show not to show a montage or something, to generate more interest.

Beyond looks interesting, but to finish on The Last of Us was a wise decision. I can't wait for that game. Still on the fence with PlayStation All-Stars, but I've never been a huge Smash Bros. fan.

I renewed three month of PS+ a couple days ago, if we get 12 games over here this month as well then I'll be happy. Good selection of games there, being rotated monthly too. It's a shame they didn't mention any Vita specific parts of PS+. There's already the odd game being discounted on Vita if you're a PS+ member, but that's not enough.

Far better conf. than Microsoft's. I like that they only briefly mentioned the apps and sports programs. MS went on for far too long with that.

I just got round to watching the Sony conference. Again, I wasn't excited by much until The Last of Us. I really like the look of the survival type gameplay, and it didn't have a rechargeable health system so I imagine it's gonna have a much more considered pace than an action game. I think it'll really suit it.

Weirdly, I think The Last of Us is what I wanted the Tomb Raider reboot to be (kind of). I'm a little more optimistic about next year now.

I like Heavy Rain in theory, but stuff like the plot holes and the dodgy voice acting/writing really brought it down. It seems better from what I saw but I don't know how the game is gonna play. I mean it's presented well but I expect it to be from them.

I think I'm on the fence with Beyond, basically, until I see more at least.

Wow, Sony really don't seem to want to see the Vita succeed, do they?

yeah good point it would have been nice to see more vita stuff. i'm not really interested in AC or COD. and sound shapes - something i was looking forward to before getting a vita is now on ps3 too :rolleyes:

Ed, do you get much use out the Ps+ been tempted with the idea but not sure i will get my monies worth out of it??

Yeah. Despite being totally against the idea originally, I'm finding it to be quite good. There's some good discounts each week on various games, free (full) games to download as well as a few other extras. Recently I've bought Team ICO collection at a vastly discounted rate, along with Killzone 3 multiplayer and MotorStorm RC, and a load of Pixeljunk games. PS+ has paid for itself just by the discounts, not to mention all the free games they give away as well. Games like Burnout Paradise, Sly Cooper collection, Velocity, a bunch of Mega Drive games and tons more. There's also PS1 and some PS2 classics, althought I've heard they're going to fade these out to focus on the larger PS3 retail games.

I posted this in the Sony updates thread, but it seems apt to mention it here now.

Starting June 6th, there will be an Instant Game Collection of 10 games to choose from ready to download and play as part of the updated PlayStation Plus subscription, with at least three being updated monthly. The launch line-up includes Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, as well as Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD, Renegade Ops, Chime Super Deluxe, Outland, Darksiders and Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine.

As part of the 10 games available, there will be a PlayStation Plus Game of the Month. This will change every four weeks and represent the best PlayStation Store has to offer, including brand new download-only games and Digital Blu-rays.

Additionally, as part of their subscription, members will have access to three digital Blu-ray titles from SCEE – inFamous 2, MotorStorm: Apocalypse and LittleBigPlanet 2.

PlayStation Plus will also deliver some of the best games in production from smaller, independent developers. The first game to be included as part of this new offering is Retro/Grade, the arcade shooter with a twist from 24 Caret Games and will be available later this summer for eight weeks, at no cost to subscribers.

Now would be a good time to sign up, it seems.