passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Cyberpunk 2077

radiofloyd

There’s never going to be a right time to play this 😄 I keep putting it off until the next update, then they announce another update which will change things massively again. No doubt it’ll be broken when first released too so will have to wait for fixes again. 

I think aside from the console versions getting upgraded to next gen (and I guess bugs, which I generally didn't encounter but can't pretend like they weren't a problem for others), the impact of changes over the past 2 years to Cyberpunk has been very overstated. People say like the game was totally overhauled into something amazing, but imo if you didn't like it day 1 then nothing much has changed really. It's still largely the same game. But the stuff in that list and in previews actually sounds really good and the kind of game changing update that has been promised for such a long time

Have to see if it's all just hype though

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/phantom-liberty-rewrites-cyberpunk-2077s-dna/1100-6515050/

Love that hacking cars is an option now. I don't think I could play a hacker build again but having lots of options is great. I wonder if you could play the whole game with cyberpsychosis? In the anime they would freak out and black out, and get very self destructive.

Also MaxTac will finally show up (Night City's version of a Swat unit, except billion times worse and more lethal in their approach). They showed them to you early on in the game, but you never engage with them at all

I thought about giving this a second chance whilst I've been away, no idea about the price if you buy physically but digitally it hasn't dropped much which bummed me out a little.

I may have to track down a second hand copy then.... although I've downloaded Planet of Lana whilst I've been away and have Final Fantasy 16 coming soon so I'll probably forget all about it again.😂

I paid a similar amount sometime in 2021, got mine for Cash Converters FWIW.

I played about 5-10 hours of it and was beginning to really like it, then loads of other stuff come out and now I can't find the time for it. It's still sat in my XBX disc drive.

To play on low at 1080p seems really reasonable. Not CD Projekts fault, but the issue is more with the higher end where a very expensive 30 series card isn't getting you all the RT stuff. That's a problem with pricing and RT in general 

Full fat RT is full of compromise on this anyway. You are effectively playing at 1080p on a 4090 to enjoy the path tracing stuff (it defaults to 'DLSS Auto'), and frame generation will include input lag unless you run at a really high framerate to avoid that.

It's really just a tech demo for future graphics tbh. The parts of the game where it makes a big difference are hard to spot, compared with the more vanilla RT options over rasterized which already do a good enough job imo of fixing up blemishes. It looks good in combination with HDR but it feels a bit overhyped, especially as there's a huge amount of trailing 'noise' behind vehicles as whatever way the path tracing resolves shadows seems quite laggy. So shadows near moving objects have insane ghosting. Some objects in the world resolve their lighting in a really glitchy manner, like grated fences for some reason. It's not all the way there.

Most interesting is the SSD requirement now. Maybe the level design is more ambitious.

• 3 weeks later...

Very action focused gameplay footage

Lots of cool new weapons by the looks of things, I'm liking the stun gun which ricochets to nearby enemies. It's a bit overly dark for a youtube video, but the run and gun gameplay in Cyberpunk is pretty fun so new weapons is cool. If you're good enough you can basically play it like Mirror's Edge

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They're doing a stream on 2.0 soon. People are speculating that the 2.0 update will come out early, the idea being to satisfy the fiends who will rush through the game again with the new features and then do the Idris Elba DLC with that

This has been a crazy year for RPGs. Although also an annoying one that 4 big ones got released so close together (2077 2.0, Baldus Gate, Starfield and Sea of Stars)

Comfirmed. The 2.0 update is coming five days early on the 21st.

https://www.eurogamer.net/cyberpunk-2077s-major-20-update-arrives-next-week-on-xbox-series-xs-ps5-and-pc

Makes perfect sense. I won’t be getting around to this until I’ve fished BG and Zelda though, otherwise I would have downloaded it to get used to the changes.

I've spent already more than an hour on the 'plan a build' site. The new skill tree looks really interesting. My impression is they've moved everything to this new 'stamina' system, lots of actions require stamina. It's almost like an ATB system within Cyberpunk's action combat, which brings it closer to feeling like an RPG but also lets them get more crazy with the power level of these characters. Similarly for the risk-reward in overclocking your cyberware

This is one I was trying out but will probably start again

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/build-planner?a=f9fkk&b=100011000000000000000301&r=1111110000100000211&i=&t=000000000211011000000301110000001&c=1111111121001120000310010310113010111&e=313111131

Even though it's streamlined, it's still quite complicated. You can base a build around hijacking heavy vehicles, crashing them into gangs and jumping out and throwing knives at guys, then disappearing into the fog of war. Lots of theorycrafting

Speaking of all that, the devs are showing off some of their favorite builds

Having put 100 hours into Cyberpunk, this stuff really does look completely different and way more flexible than before

I love the way the hacking build cascades damage to everyone on the same connected network, such a clever new thing. That's what it always should have been! Contagion quickhack had it but it's not the same as this

Weird seeing such build expression in a CDPR game