passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Fez

radiofloyd

Some games seem to get entered into the IGF so long before they're finished it's insane. It might be good for building awareness, but I also wonder if sometimes it gives a false impression of how close to completion it is.

I think this might be a 1 man project, which would help explain why it's been so many years. I'm looking forward to seeing if the game stands up to the hype.

what I think is a bit unfair, well maybe not unfair but I don't know what word to use. He slagged off Japanese games the other day when asked what he thought of them, it's his opinion and he's entitled to it, but Fez is going to sell a fuckton regardless of whether it's any good. There's plenty of very good Japanese games that get no coverage in the press and so don't sell, then people say that no one wants Japanese games. There's a logic to that, but it's no coincidence that Bayonetta sold well after attracting a lot of attention

Anyway, rant over, I can't say I'm hugely hyped for Fez, but I do want to see more of it

what I think is a bit unfair, well maybe not unfair but I don't know what word to use. He slagged off Japanese games the other day when asked what he thought of them, it's his opinion and he's entitled to it, but Fez is going to sell a fuckton regardless of whether it's any good. There's plenty of very good Japanese games that get no coverage in the press and so don't sell, then people say that no one wants Japanese games. There's a logic to that, but it's no coincidence that Bayonetta sold well after attracting a lot of attention

Anyway, rant over, I can't say I'm hugely hyped for Fez, but I do want to see more of it

Apparently that was said in a very light-hearted manner and everyone there laughed, seems to have been taken out of context by the press... Who knows though.

I've heard the other way with people attending complaining afterwards. Who knows, I wasn't there so I'm not going to condemn him for it, but it does bother me a bit that some very good games get ignored in favour of a few flavours of the month.

Not that I'm bemoaning indie games getting coverage, that's a very good thing, but it does seem that certain people get favoured over everyone else

Since I've been following this game for so long, I've seen interviews with Phil Fish so many times, and I know what he's like. He has also said how much Nintendo is an influence on Fez (no big deal when he said that I notice), and it's plain to see, so I don't think he sees all Japanese games as shite.

It was a rash and wrong generalisation, but not totally without merit. Yes anyone can name check great Japanese games but you can name check three to every one that is misguided shite. Same could be said to western developers I suppose but that wasn't the question. And Phil Fish is just a fucking guy, not a PR expert.

It's been pissing me off some of the shit that's been said in some comment threads. Stuff like 'well I ain't buying his game now!'

Pathetic. Like you only buy the games from those that share the same thoughts as yourself.

I was right looking forward to Mass Effect 3 until I heard the lead programmer hates pizza. I love pizza, not going near that shit now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Fez out this week on Windows and will follow on other platforms too. The big news it that Fez will be coming to Linux and that really all that matters.

FEZ is coming out on steam PC on may 1 -mac and linux versions to eventually follow -we're working with sony on bringing FEZ to PSN and VITA -and we're also working with OUYA on port for that -iOs also highly probable

http://en.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1aj74m/i_am_phil_fish_cocreator_of_fez_ask_me_anything/