passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

FIFA 12 SCAM

sibernet

I've been hit with the FIFA 12 scam, i'm not sure how, but they took control of my xbox live account and bought fifa 12 stuff with over 2000 ms points, changed my xbox live password and security question, and added a console(presumbably to download the stuff). messaged ms last night, who was helpful and phoned an 0800 number today who were also helpful but my account and elite is susspended for 25-30 days whilst they do an investigation. Edretro warned me to change my password last week, but i didn't have chance. i would recommend EVERYONE to change their passwords for everything. i did it last night, NOT FUN, but easy!! i would suggest that you remove all card details aswell, stop the *u*k*ers from nicking money aswell!

with all the hacking stories lately i'm thinking of using one of thoes password storage programs, so you just have to remember 1 password and it stores different ones for each site. i've been recommended keepass as it's free. but i'm still not convinced, don't really like the idea of not knowing passwords i might need. also maybe not having access to them on the move - apparently you can store the passwords file on "dropbox" and access it on your phone, but i'm not too keen on that either. i guess i could manually copy the file to the phone. anyway - wondered if anyone else does this? any recommendations? (pretty sure i've asked this in the past so sorry about repeating it, i'm still not sure about it.)

• 3 weeks later...

This is getting way too common. :mellow: sibernet got his account back in a matter of days, MS must be getting good at it now.

I know you didn't have your card details on your account, and it's lucky you didn't...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sy873MVZgYk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fuck's sake, Microsoft.

A mate of mine has just removed his card details but they make it very hard.

You can only remove a card if it's not the payment option associated with your account - in other words, you have to replace that with another card to remove the original. Or do what he did and contact MS support and get them to remove the Gold off your account so you can take the card off, then they send you a code to put your Gold back on. Or they do it themselves, I can't quite remember.

Either way, they really don't want you to remove your card.

A mate of mine has just removed his card details but they make it very hard.

You can only remove a card if it's not the payment option associated with your account - in other words, you have to replace that with another card to remove the original. Or do what he did and contact MS support and get them to remove the Gold off your account so you can take the card off, then they send you a code to put your Gold back on. Or they do it themselves, I can't quite remember.

Either way, they really don't want you to remove your card.

cunts, the lotta them.