passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

3DS News Thread

Manicm

OK, will just do that. Was only really worried about losing my Zelda download :)

Cheers!

I forgot to add, I added my micro sd 32gb to my old 3ds xl about a month ago and downloaded all the games I wanted at the time. Did the system transfer then took an hour to find a bloody screwdriver!! then put my 3ds xl micro sd into my new 3ds, hope that helps.

One thing I keep doing is forgetting my Nintendo passwords as I have 3, one for the stars thing, one for buying stuff, and another for e-shop its stupid Nintendo need to unionise all these access codes!

Is that a joke? If someone within a gaming community really didn't know that then what hope do the general public have?!

Seen all the older 3DS's being sold a 'newest model' on ebay? That's gonna stump a ton of people too.

But it's certainly treading the line. Its more game boy colour than a totally new handheld, but then its getting exclusive content.

They do Shit like release the 3ds but then have the next pokemon made for the old model, then sneak out a sort of new 3ds and almost immediately have an exclusive. I also noticed that Tesco seem to be removing Nintendo stuff from its stores, my local only had Mario party 9...

As for the gating off thing. They didn't accidentally make xenoblade chronicles with more RAM requirements, it must have been a deliberate choice to make it only for the new 3ds so I would probably call that gating off.

As for the gating off thing. They didn't accidentally make xenoblade chronicles with more RAM requirements, it must have been a deliberate choice to make it only for the new 3ds so I would probably call that gating off.

They designed the original Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii, not 3DS so I don't think they 'accidentally' anything.

The reason they've given is the CPU in the 3DS is just not good enough. FWIW, the new 3DS has double the number of CPU cores, it's faster, and has double the RAM.

I'm sure they hope Xenoblade will lead people to upgrade. But I think the people who know about and are interested in Xenoblade are the same people who buy every new Nintendo hardware at launch anyway.

I gotta go back to the system transfer thing as I don't get it and I don't want to screw it up.

Sorry to ask again.

I have old system with 4GB card (nearly full)

New 3DS XL (Zelda pre-installed) with 4GB card

A 32GB card that I plan to use in the new system

I planned to use the System Transfer tool to just move everything from old to new - but as Zelda is pre-installed there won't be room on the 4GB card right? - Question one is - what do I do here?

Question two is, do I move everything to the new system using 4GB - 4GB cards and then use a PC to copy it all from 4GB to the 32GB card once I'm up and running?

EDIT: I think I get it, no worries :)

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/nintendo-3ds/3DS_to_New_3DS_or_3DS_XL_System_Transfer

The best way to do it is to take the 4gb out of your 3DS and put it in a PC. Copy the 2 folders in it to another folder and then across to then micro and then put the micro in the n3DS using an adapter. Doing it this way will take the transfer right down to 20 minutes or there abouts. Then it's just a case of skipping the transfer SD contents by putting the micro in the n3DS.

No. The micro needs to be inside the host system when you transfer afaik. You need to transfer the 4gb to the 32gb on PC. Then you put the 32gb in the host system, transfer and then when prompted take the micro out of the host system and install it in the new system.