passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Borderlands 2

hinn888

They have released skill tree calculators for the current four classes.

http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/commando.html

http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/gunzerker.html

http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/assassin.html

http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/siren.html

I was going to play as the Commando, but the Assassin and Gunzerker classes look really fun to play. Might pick Gunzerker as there'll be millions playing as the ninja, simply because he's a ninja.

Might pick Gunzerker as there'll be millions playing as the ninja, simply because he's a ninja.

That's a totally valid reason. I did put a pre-order down for this the other day. Looking forward to it. I dunno who I'm going to go as; might just decide on the day. I only tried the Siren on the last one.

The Sniper and Siren from Borderlands were all you really needed. The damage output of both of those mitigated the tiny healthpool, you could drop most things before you sustained any major damage.

From what I can gather from the skill trees, the ninja is an amalgam of those two classes with added extras, with what appears to be a skill that makes him invisible for as long as he wants to stay hidden. Hopefully he has some sort of weakness as he seems a little too good from reading what he's capable of.

I had a play of the Commando builder this morning, I went comm last time and kind of do want to mix it up, but the turret is too useful. Annoyingly I spent all 50 points, and ended up 1 point away from one of the few perks that really makes a difference (the shield for the turret)

It's cheap on pc, there's a thread in the bargains folder for a cheap steam code.

And no, I wouldn't bother playing the first one now. The gameplay isn't hugely different and it's fairly long, you'll be burnt out on it before you get to the 2nd one. The old characters do return for cameos but there was barely any plot to the original anyway

Is it worth playing the first one before leaping on the bandwagon with this one? or is this just going to be so much improved that there will be little point pouring hours into the previous one?

Also, where is it cheap?

I think the only real bonus you'd get is you unlock some new skins if you've played the first, but there wasn't any story to continue as such. Be more people to play with online with as well if you don't fancy going solo.

The first games a cracker though, you can get the GOTY edition for about £15 pretty much everywhere.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-11-gearbox-shows-off-borderlands-2-mechromancer-final-design-reveals-her-name

134736624985.jpg

Gearbox Software has shown off the final design of the downloadable Mechromancer character for Borderlands 2, and confirmed her name as Gaige.

Gaige is a punk girl tinkerer-style class who can summon a robot to tank for her. She has a robot arm, which she uses to control the robot. She raises the number of playable character classes to five, up from four in the first game.

Meanwhile, publisher 2K Games has confirmed the Mechromancer launches in the UK on 16th October 2012 for 800 Microsoft Points / £7.99.

I like it. She's meant to be massively noob friendly too, which translates as all the hardcore will be kicking fuck out of everything with her.

Its might just be the comforting lull of the bandwagon but im getting really excited about this now, Gamesmaster popped it a juicy 95% particularly praising the multiplayer aspect of it, and its this that im looking forward to, its almost like a single player campaign format Team Fortress.

Im thinking of going assassin class first of all, like the look of that sword.

I saw a live-action advert for this on ITV last night. Actors dressed up as characters pretending to shoot actors dressed as baddies, in a quarry. It was weird.

Haha, I was going on about the game to my wife last night, she puts up with this despite thinking games are for kids, and just as i was convincing her it was cool, that advert came on and she was like 'what the fuck?! gaaaaaaaay'. Fucking adverts, undermining my relationship.

...with what appears to be a skill that makes him invisible for as long as he wants to stay hidden. Hopefully he has some sort of weakness as he seems a little too good from reading what he's capable of.

The trade off is, the longer you stay invisible, the longer it takes to re-charge the skill when you exit that mode.

...with what appears to be a skill that makes him invisible for as long as he wants to stay hidden. Hopefully he has some sort of weakness as he seems a little too good from reading what he's capable of.

The trade off is, the longer you stay invisible, the longer it takes to re-charge the skill when you exit that mode.

And the Assassin's sword is powered by your central heating so youve got to put a penny in the slot.