passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Borderlands 2

hinn888

BL2Logos_layeredPrint%20copy.jpg

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!

2K Games and Gearbox Software have officially announced that Borderlands 2 is indeed in development, following yesterday's report that a source had revealed the game was currently in the works. Now it's completely official and will be seeing a return to the same RPG-style FPS gameplay, with plenty of looting and four-player co-op.

There will also be four all-new characters with new classes and unique skills, as well as new environments, weapons and equipment in "an ambitiously crafted story". You'll unearth secrets and escalate the mysteries within the Borderlands universe, as you traverse and explore uncharted regions of Pandora in Borderlands 2.

Borderlands 2 will be making its debut at Gamescom 2011 in Cologne before heading to PAX Prime in Seattle, and is the cover story on the September issue of Game Informer, the cover of which you can take a look at below. Borderlands 2 is scheduled for release during Take-Two's fiscal year 2013, which begins on April 1st, 2012.

sepcoverblfull.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the gun brands are being completely redone

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/08/12/the-gun-peddlers-of-pandora.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

Bandit

Anyone who played through the first game is familiar with the bandit foes (hell, a bandit is even the primary focus of the box art). In Borderlands 2, these troublemakers have started putting together their own weaponry. They’re not the most organized or mechanically inclined group, so their selection will be notably ramshackle. Instead of a scope, a Bandit sniper rifle might feature a glass bottle. Instead of iron sights, a screw. On the plus side, Bandit guns feature the largest magazines of any manufacturer, though the increased size leads to longer reload times.

Dahl

Borderlands certainly sticks out from the crowded FPS marketplace, but Dahl’s weapons should feel familiar to fans of modern military shooters. These weapons will resemble more realistic gun designs like the firearms from series such as Call of Duty and Battlefield.

Hyperion

Even if you don’t remember the Hyperion name from the first Borderlands, you know their visual style thanks to a certain robotic buddy they happened to manufacture. Yes, Claptrap’s clean yellow-and-white design is a trademark of the weapons dealer, and their guns will feature the same look.

Vladof

These weapons carry a distinctly Russian vibe, with similarities to the ultra-common AK-47. This being Borderlands and all, it wouldn't feel right to not have at least some silliness present. That's why all of Vladof's weapons will have minigun barrels as attachments. In terms of stars, this brand boasts the highest fire rate out of any of Pandora's weapons.

Tediore

Tediore manufactures Pandora’s equivalent to a disposable Bic lighter. Once you’re done unloading a clip full of ammunition from this brand’s rifles, it can be thrown like a grenade. The more ammunition you have left in the clip when thrown, the more powerful the explosion will be. After it self-destructs, the weapon “reloads” by constructing a new firearm out of your character’s Digistruct module. Using Tediore weapons allows for interesting strategic decisions - do you utilize every bullet while taking out your enemies, or do you leave half of them in the clip for a bigger blast?

Torgue

Borderlands is an explosive, over-the-top gaming experience. If the game was boiled down and turned into a gun, it would surely be Torgue-made. This far-from-modest manufacturer specializes in the most destructive, insane weapons in Pandora. Don’t expect silencers and subtlety here...Torgue is about creating the biggest, loudest display of power possible.

Maliwan

We didn't get a chance to see many Maliwan weapons, but Gearbox described this brand as one of the sleeker options in the game. We wouldn't be surprised to see these guns have a bit of a futuristic feel to them.

Jakobs

These weapons resemble a cross between guns of the old west and guns from World War II. They may look a bit antiquated, but they pack more of a punch than any competitor thanks to their high damage stats.

And now some images...

tediore610.jpg

bandit600.jpg

I loved the first game, still unfinished, one thing i couldn't get my head round was the weapons, was one i had more powerful than the one i just threw away?? and i tend to always get into a fire fight which i would lose quite quickly!!

But on another note multiplayer mode was great, my OH loved it, so if its the same then its in for me!

What I found was that if you'd been hammering one type of gun in particular (the SMG for me) it was best to stick with that even if it was slightly underpowered purely because of all the stat boosts you'd earnt at that point. Beyond that you only need a sniper/rocket/shotgun every now and then so it doesn't matter a huge amount

im with reecus, the production values could definitely do with a boost.

kinds related to what ben said, id like more useful weapon drops. in the main game (much more oportunity for loot in some of the dlcs), youd find a powerful, status-effect-inducing machine gun or whatever and then nothing comes close to it for absolutely ages. finding awesome loot is a great feeling, it should happen more often in the main storyline. double the sweet drops for co-op so you both get good stuff.

im with reecus, the production values could definitely do with a boost.

kinds related to what ben said, id like more useful weapon drops. in the main game (much more oportunity for loot in some of the dlcs), youd find a powerful, status-effect-inducing machine gun or whatever and then nothing comes close to it for absolutely ages. finding awesome loot is a great feeling, it should happen more often in the main storyline. double the sweet drops for co-op so you both get good stuff.

Yeah, I used the same SMG for about 20 hours in my first play through because it had high multiplier. Ended up replacing it towards the end with the same model with better multiplier and slightly better fire damage. Would happily have dumped it more regularly given how many weapons you pick up in the game

Another thing that could be improved IMO are the functionality of the weapons, weapons like T.Ks Wave were cool but practically useless, it would be cool to have powerful and crazy Ratchet and Clank style guns alongside the standard firearms.

A rocket launcher style weapon that fires beams or a SMG that has a chance of a bullet homing in on the enemy, things like that would make the loot even more interesting than it is. The Vladof minigun attachments are definitely a step in the right direction.

ive said it before and ill say it again, i really cannot understand how they can do a sequel without it just basically being a repeat.

that sounds weird as obviously there are loads of sequels to games but borderlands was such a sweet game that even the dlc was boring (but addictive).

i may have ruined it for myself by modding loads at the end but really, can you have a sequel to crack?