passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Mario Kart 7

retroed

Battle Mode looks fantastic. They have one of the SNES courses in there! I spent days on that with an old buddy. :wub:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_K6x59Jp0OI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This and Super Mario 3D Land, Nintendo are spoiling me. I still want to pick up Star Fox 64 3D when it goes cheap, too. I rented it back along, but would like to own it when it drops in price.

Battle Mode looks fantastic. They have one of the SNES courses in there! I spent days on that with an old buddy. :wub:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_K6x59Jp0OI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, Mario Circuit 2 is in. One of my favourite MK tracks.

This and Super Mario 3D Land, Nintendo are spoiling us. I still want to pick up Star Fox 64 3D when it goes cheap, too. I rented it back along, but would like to own it when it drops in price.

EDIT: Here, have another video. This time of some footage from the Leaf Cup.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8Cw6xvEohBQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This could well be the definitive Mario Kart, especially if the online is as good as I hope it will be.

• 2 weeks later...

The astounding part is that a Community can support up to 10,000 members. Of course, they all can’t play against each other at the same time

What do you mean it doesnt support 10,000 players at once?! worst game ever.

I thought it would end up being the preset messages, but thats not the end of the world, would have been a nice bonus but its not game breaking. I like that you can have the community code....but what does it mean, how is it different to friend codes?

Retro Studios weren't just roped in to work on a Donkey Kong course, they have done all sixteen of the classic tracks. :wub:

Nintendo: Mario Kart 3DS completed as "act of emergency"

Nintendo considered completing Mario Kart 7 on 3DS by the end of this year "an act act of emergency", the game's producer has admitted.

Mario Kart 7 initially started life as an internal project staffed by eight people, producer Hideki Konno revealed in a new Iwata Asks interview (via NeoGAF).

But several production designers were moved to work on 3DS launch title Nintendogs + Cats to ensure that game was ready for the handheld's release line-up.

Nintendo eventually called on the services of Metroid Prime Trilogy and Donkey Kong Country developer Retro Studios to make sure Mario Kart 7 was finished this year.

Nintendo previously stated Retro had helped design a Donkey Kong Country-themed course. It now appears Retro worked on revamping the game's entire 16 classic courses line-up, leaving Nintendo's team free to create the game's roster of 16 fresh tracks.

Eurogamer.