PSN being rebuilt

Hendo

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was under the impression that the PS+ games only stay on your account until you cancel PS+ (or the 30 days are up). ANything you pay for, even with ps+ discount is yours forever though

yeah that's what I think happens too, but the robocod quote makes it sound like they let you buy it for £0 so you might get to keep it, i don't really know how the psn free months rental stuff usually works though, so it might just be like that? unclear really but nothing to lose i guess.

i can't be bothered to sign into psn even for free stuff and i love free stuff, i think there might be something wrong with me.

I've been away this weekend so I was looking forward to getting my freebies when I got back but it's not working for me. Is it a case of persistence or am I doing something wrong?

if it's just throwing up errors it's because it's too busy, you just need to keep trying. If you've clicked the free games thing and now you cant get them use the guide i posted before.

And unless it's the only thing you haven't got, or you really really like the series I wouldn't bother with Ratchet & Clank, it's a decent challenge, but it's also boring and annoying

this is driving me insane. logged onto psn on the ps3, changed password, downloaded r&c, and lbp (then canceled the download) got some errors along the way but it went ok, then swapped over to the psp, had to update firmware, wait for it to charge before it would do it but then it wouldn't let me log into the store, so eventually i did a recover password which lets you change the password on a pc, then it let me in and i got lbp and pursuit force, ok, so then i go back to the ps3 and now that says my password is incorrect again :fist::( so what are sony saying to me, i have to do a password recovery every time i want to logon to the store on a different device?

edit - is that the error (password incorrect) that comes up if the store is busy? that might explain it i guess?

Not sure, could be? I don't know what else it could be. I changed my password when the PSN first came back a while ago, via the PS3. When I switched my PSP on I had to log in, and I just used my new password. Everything's gone quite smoothly apart from the error code I was getting when the store came back. I have Pursuit Force and Killzone Liberation on my PSP now, I downloaded them via the PS3 then transferred them with USB. I had to delete a couple games to fit them onto my Go. I've downloaded Burnout Paradise now also as it's free on PS+, and it's just finished downloading the five updates. That took forever.

i don't know, i thought i might have got the password wrong, but to do that twice the same to get it to change is unlikely, and i just changed it again, tried what i thought i changed it to and it said you can't have one you've already had so it must have been right at some point. anyway after the 3rd password change i can log in on the ps3 again. i'm not even going to try the psp again.

chime is reduced on psn+ which is good.

• 4 weeks later...

its been back up for a month, you need to reset your password when asked. you've only got a couple of days left for the games too

OK, I'm in. what do you mean a couple of days left for the games? Thanks!

its been back up for a month, you need to reset your password when asked. you've only got a couple of days left for the games too

OK, I'm in. what do you mean a couple of days left for the games? Thanks!

There are 6 games up, you are allowed to pick 2 as a sorry for PSN been down. Some good choice too, Wipeout, Infamous etc.

Huh, thats a nice surprise. Gotta do that through my PS3 yeah?

Yeah, you need to be quick though. You have to download the free blue icon or whatever, then add 2 of the selected games to your basket, They show up as £0.00 and then you buy. Simple.