Portal 2

Jimboxy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Valve are saying the PS3/PC and Mac versions are going to have cross platform co-op. I really wish MS would stop being such dicks about closing off the kind of things Valve do with their games, as it does benefit it greatly in the long run.

Valve are saying the PS3/PC and Mac versions are going to have cross platform co-op. I really wish MS would stop being such dicks about closing off the kind of things Valve do with their games, as it does benefit it greatly in the long run.

Hendo might be spot on what he said on the podcast then. makes sense i guess, even if it is annoying to programmme at least they can do what they want.

I just watched a thing on youtube about this and it appears they have got Dick Van Dyke to do one of the voice overs. <_<

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

2 more videos to follow if you can be bothered.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

:wub::wub:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Also

Stephen Merchant to play Wheatley in Portal 2!

One of the few criticisms people had of Portal 2's E3 demo was that Wheatley, the English-accented Personality Sphere, sounded pretty damn dreadful. Well, Valve is a company that listens, and has revealed that Office co-writer and podcast legend Stephen Merchant will be taking over the role!

This is pretty fabulous news. I'm a big fan of Stephen Merchant as is anybody who likes funny men who are really tall. His voice and comedic timing will be a perfect fit for Portal 2, methinks, so this is a very, very good thing. Now GLaDOS is going to have some serious competition when it comes to quotability.

w00t and indeed t00t

I watched a bit of that Wheatley video, stopped after a while as I didn't want to see too much.

It sounds too human, bascially it's just Stephen Merchant. I hope they robot it up a little bit before it's out, the same as they do with Glados and the turrets.