passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

High-res Screenshot Thread

DANGERMAN

I've installed my new card and tried a couple of things out. the ray traced version of Metro looks amazing. Captured at 4k with DLSS on, I think medium settings rather than high or ultra too

20221212232102_1.jpg

20221212232453_1.jpg

Steam's compressed them a bit and you can see the shadows are reduced in quality on the right of the bottom picture. The materials and environment look great though

Witcher 3 with some RT

Think reflections are off, not sure. Game runs like shit regardless (it dropped to 7fps taking this screenshot lol, so this is almost a video of what it was like) but it looks nice and moody, would be nice to play through it like this at some point

vQQGyaQ.jpg

pgqdJv8.jpg

I think sometimes tho the RT makes things too dark, like the sun is really low all the time or something

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

This is with the new path tracing stuff, which can look better than RT most of the time. Putting other screenshots in spoilers to keep data load down so Blakey doesn't run over his roaming allowance in japan lol

eyFhoPA.jpg

y4wyVyT.jpg

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Spoiler

QWoFMn6.jpg

Number one thing I'm impressed by is self shadowing on characters. Small thing which adds a lot, imo

Spoiler

TrzQFrW.jpg

WyWzEDT.jpg

• 3 months later...

I hooked my PC up to my TV and lol I’m sold. I definitely need an OLED for the PC. The blacks, depth and even the motion on it is amazing. I wonder if the VRR tech is better on my TV than my monitor, or maybe it’s something to do with the size. But god damn the motion is slick. 

A Plague Tale

Spoiler

GDvJSwIXwAAIXFC?format=jpg&name=large
GDvKKgLXIAAkcBJ?format=jpg&name=large

Batman

Spoiler

GDvJZmaWwAAdDfe?format=jpg&name=large

RDR2

Spoiler

GDvJZmeXkAAlvTQ?format=jpg&name=large

GDvJZmfXIAAZEP2?format=jpg&name=large

Cyberpunk

Spoiler

GDvJSwHWAAAzA7q?format=jpg&name=large

I like colour. The TV is also set to game mode, so it can go brighter.

Having said that, I just had it on quick to see what it looked like. I want to play that with M&KB so not good for TV.

the most impressed I’ve been is Arkham Knight. Holy HDR, Batman. I think I’m just going to play through the whole thing

Look at the detail and colour in the rain on the rooftop next to Batman in the first picture. Fucking hell. Tbh, I don’t remember what the console version looked like. Maybe it’s the same. But god damn this is definitely one of the best looking games I’ve played on PC

Spoiler

GDvZJ41W8AMl3Rk?format=jpg&name=large

GDvZJ43WkAAhtqd?format=jpg&name=large

GDvZJ42X0AEduNd?format=jpg&name=large

GDvZJ42WsAE22oK?format=jpg&name=large

18 minutes ago, Nag said:

It almost looks like it's using the "vivid" picture setting... or LG's equivalent.

Yeah, it also elevates all the black levels and reduces contrast. Its just bright, but thats not high dynamic range. Its just high... brightness

I will day for 4k hdr 120 gaming i was impressed by FFVII Remake. Game still looks jank in the slums, but if you're looking for that combination of clean image quality, perfect performance, deep blacks and high highlights then that's the one

Picture preference is obviously a personal choice but it just looks garish to me... I prefer my colours a little more muted/realistic...

But as long as you like it that's fine... no one else can tell you you're wrong.👍

To be clear though I'm not trying to neg the 4090 experience on OLED, it is on another level. But well, it better fucking be at that price point lol. Its just 2077 has a poor HDR presentation from when I tried it

Alan Wake 2, chapter 4 of Alan's side (🎸) and the airbuster fight in ffvii remake are the demos i would suggest, as well as the part in Avatar 30 minutes in

The way my TV is set up is the black level is low. Like around 40. OLED brightness and contrast I think are at max; or at least really high. I just like deep colour on everything. The beginning of RDR2 in the snowstorm with the lanterns. Wow. 

Avatar is a good call. I got it downloaded. I’ll fire it up in a bit and check it out 

All right, yeah, Avatar is the craziest game I’ve ever seen. The Bethesda style bit where you leave the prison and in to the world. I could feel my eyes widen. That shit’s crazy

Spoiler

GDv_-d-XQAAg24M?format=jpg&name=large

GDv_-d4W4AA-mEU?format=jpg&name=large

GDv_-d6XcAAZaKa?format=jpg&name=large

• 3 months later...

Went over my screenshots folder the other day, there's just something about Atlas Fallen's look that I find incredibly pleasing to the eye. Also a good case of how stylised, manual lighting can still impress in the age of RT imo.

b8RRGLb.png

g4Dr6Xe.png

D8qRkpG.png