passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

illdog

• 2 weeks later...
itle Update 3, which is said to be coming "very soon."

The update is set to fix a number of single-player game-breaking bugs and even look to fix a few issues online... let's just hope that it takes much less time to get a game when it drops!

The fixes that will be applied with Title Update 3 are as follows:

Fixes (MP)

* Sometimes players may remain stuck during matchmaking (game never starts).

* In extremely rare occasions, a crash may occur if another player of the same session quits while another player is loading the map at the exact same time.

* When joining a session In Manhunt, in the chased team, you may have a sound present during the entire session.

Fixes (Singleplayer)

* The player may remain stuck in the present optional (2012), in a spawning loop in Monterigioni, while interacting with the Animus (Animus Bug).

* Using fast travel towards Northern Campagna may result in Ezio getting continuously desynchronized.

* Sometimes a bug can occur that prevents the player from unlocking any additional Trophies (Trophy Bug).

* On rare occasion, if the player changes their outfit at the completion of a mission, they will respawn in the same world, being stuck, without any possibility of returning to Rome.

• 4 weeks later...

They seem to love this free stuff for Brotherhood.

Ubisoft's generosity in supporting Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood's multiplayer continues unabated today, as the Animus Project 2.0 hits Xbox Live, bringing a brand new map and an entirely fresh multiplayer game mode to everyone's favourite game of stabby cat and mouse.

The free Animus Project 2.0 DLC adds the Pienza map to multiplayer, based upon Tuscany with its rich earthy tones and labyrinthine streets. Once again, it's a free-running playground, as hunters and prey alike find places to hide and ambush their targets.

Also in the pack is the new 'Chest Capture' mode, which pits two teams of three against one another in a battle to defend or capture chests. The capturing team must utilise their compasses to track down the chests and steal the booty, while the defenders must keep their wits about them to prevent the other team from getting to the loot.

And finally, there's the new 'Templar Score' system, which will be updated weekly, dividing Abstergo agents into 10 'Templar Grades' to reward their efficient killing skills in the Animus as an Abstergo recruit. Sounds interesting... You should be able to grab the Animus Project 2.0 Update now.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I've started playing this, I'm going to try to inch my way through it over the next week or so (I've got other things I need to play but I feel like playing it)

I'm going to say though that Desmond's shitty friends are the shitiest shitty friends in all of gaming

He's alright - he's better than that little prick out of Sonic Rush Adventure.

I wouldn't know, I never played it mr Sonic fanboy :P

I don't think it's Wallace's fault he's shit in this, it might be because I don't ordinarily like him anyway, but he makes Thomas Was Alone. I do think it's odd that desmond gets so much shit as a character but it's his supporting cast with the shit quips and the snark

In support of Ben, I fucking hated Wallace in AC2. He's the token smarmy dickhead that you often find in games. He's just written really badly. From what I've seen none of the present day folks in the AC series are all that great.

I like Wallace in other stuff though, himself he's a very likable person.

played a chunk more of this, in fact I think since I posted I've played most of the game.

I've had problems all the way through with Ezio climbing things he wasn't meant to or leaping in directions I haven't pushed. It's not all the time, but it happens enough that I don't trust the climbing to be as fluid as you'd want as you're being chased.

The most frustrating thing though has been a mission where I had to lower 3 gates. You're being surrounded and attacked as you try to activate the mechanisms, and once you're in a fight it's hard to get out again, it's sporadic as to when it's lets you. This is all made worst by the button to lower the gates being the same button to grab an enemy and to pick up their dropped weapon, all the while some bellsniff is shouting "lower the gate Ezio!" over and over again.

finished, sort of a good/annoying ending, but I think it's convinced me to play the 3rd (4th) (2.3) (whatever it's called). The length of it was partly my fault. I could have just done the mainline missions, but I ended up with a full list of Assassin's, all at least level 8, half fully qualified. I did all the hidden dungeons and got the special armour, got all the shops, aqueducts, and did a bunch of side missions

Levelling up my assassin's was one of my favourite bits of Brotherhood. I was genuinely sad near the end when I lost my first one thanks to a glitch. Sad and annoyed. The game took me so long because I spent ages trotting around on horseback, listening to the operatic music and watching my assassin's flying from rooftops for murder business. Highlight of the series for me.

• 6 years later...

After about 5 days of fairly solid play I finally 100%-ed the remaster from the Ezio Collection. I’ve been saying this is my favourite AC game in the series and revisiting it, well, good and bad news. The good news is I do think this game holds up better than AC2. I think the missions are much better (Except for the War Machine missions which have awful check points), it still has some of my favourite features from an AC game, being the Assassin Recruits and being able to buy Rome one shop at a time, and not intentional I guess, but for the most part the remastered treatment works better for Brotherhood because there’s less open space. Most of the city is really enclosed so there’s less geometry pop in and people loading in out of nowhere.

The game also still really nails that political, illuminati conspiracy thats reaches right back through history that I adore. I really wish AC could find a way to reboot this storyline aspect in a meaningful and intelligent way. It’s so spooky, creepy and unsettling. Solving “The Truth” puzzles in this game is really convincing that you are uncovering secrets about society and power you are not meant to know. I love it.

The downside is the game being as long as AC2 but being in one city instead of multiple means the constant traversal got a lot older a lot quicker. As well as the traversal mechanics just being janky as fuck made the running and jumping go from fine to old to annoying over the course of the game. Also half of the map is a big open country side which is also really annoying to get around because some of the settlements are on top of hills that only have select entry points. Ezio isn’t Spider-Man so he can’t crawl up any side of a wall he wants, so a lot of the journeying in the country is riding a horse around the perimeter of a wall just looking for the way in. Very annoying. 

This is definitely not my favourite AC game any more, but it still has some of my favourite things in it that I wish they would bring back. Namely the Assassin Recruits, which are so awesome. 1) Because it feels empowering just pushing a button and having Assassin masters fall from the heavens to smite your enemies while you stand there and watch and 2) It saves actually having to engage with the combat which was never the best thing about this series anyway, but is very boring and not something I want to do at all.

I don’t know what my favourite Assassin’s game is anymore. I guess I really like Syndicate, although it’s almost too modern and really loses the historical aspect that I like. Origins is also better than Brotherhood in reflection, but that game has a dumb story and too much busy work. 

I don’t know. The only 2 left on my list to play is Rogue which I probably won’t do anytime soon and Odyssey which I’m put off by because I don’t like the boats in AC games and people make it sound like such a big game it’s intimidating to start. 

But AC Brotherhood, in certain ways, still a pretty cool game.

Fin. 

• 2 years later...
On 26/03/2020 at 14:10, Maf said:

The good news is I do think this game holds up better than AC2.

I've started this over the last few days and 100% agree with this from @Maf.

With 2, I never fully hit what I can only refer to as the 'smooth brain' feeling that these games can evoke. Brotherhood, so far, has totally managed it. It feels like they perfected the loop that made these games so popular back in the day.

I was always on the fence with this series when it first debuted. The first game was a massive slog, and even 2 wasn't tons of fun but had 'something'. Brotherhood had the 'something' polished to a fine sparkle, but I still wasn't fully on board. Looking at it now, I can see that part of it was to be as hipster as possible, because this is an awesome brainless game. 

At the minute, I'm just taking a scattershot approach, picking a location on the map and either doing missions or buying a few properties. Destroying to Borgia towers or synchronising viewpoints. The graphics are vastly improved over 2, except for the sky, which has this really weird Truman Show quality that really drives home the limitations of titles from back then. I suppose you could put that down to 'something something Animus' if you really wanted to explain it away, though.

These games should not have attracted 10/10 reviews. Not even slightly. For Brotherhood, though, a solid 7, maybe even an 8, probably would have been fair.

However, playing The Ezio collection has made me consider installing 3 and Unity, although I'm not sure I'd be able to play the OG version of 3. I might wait for a sale on Remastered.