passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The MFG Weekly Chart

Hendo

Its pretty simple, you add any game, play game for a few hours and then retrospectivly add the time to Raptr. I don't know how long I will be playing, but I know how long I have played.

I find it very strange that no-one else really does it, its a 10 second job, and would make the chart a better representation of us all. I've always found it strange that the What We're Playing Thread has no relation to the actual MFG Chart.

raptr never worked with my pc games, even sometimes when I booted from their program. With the adding stuff, I never check the time when I start playing a game, and will leave it running while I wander off for 10 minutes/check the net/watch football, so even if I knew when I started I wouldn't know how long I played for.

I dont really mind that it's not representative, I'm used to that now, I just disagreed with the claim that it was. I'm quite happy to admit though that the reason it doesn't represent my gaming is because I cant be arsed to put the effort in

Its pretty simple, you add any game, play game for a few hours and then retrospectivly add the time to Raptr.

But what happens if I boot up a 360 game just after telling Raptr I'm playing something on PS3 for 3 hours?

When I've done it so far, I just enter the time before going to bed.

First things first. I always find it annoying that someone will post complaining that it's dominantly a 360 chart (not just here) because people can't be bothered manually adding times. Do these people not realise that it actually takes them longer to complain about the situation rather than just add manually? Seriously, it takes less than 1 minute of your time to add manually once you have added the game, which takes maybe 2 minutes for a one off. That's less time than it would take coming into these threads, reading up what's happened, then composing a post. Dante has the nail on the head here.

I find it very strange that no-one else really does it, its a 10 second job, and would make the chart a better representation of us all.

Now that mini rant is over I'll explain how you manually add time.

Go to you Raptr page. Click 'You' at the top of the page if you don't know where this is.

In the 'Recent Activity' bar, click on the drop down menu and click 'Is Playing'. The next bar will change to your listed games. Drop down and find the game you are playing. Recent games will all be filed at the top for ease of use. Finally, select the drop down menu and select the time closest to the duration you have been playing for. Job done.

If you plan on playing a system that isnt automatically tracked and you know you are going to be playing for however long, put that time in. If you overplay what you estimated, just add it next time you come online to look at forums or whatever. Just note that once you update your status that it will not track anything you do while the time you set to expires. I normally set my times when I come to look at forums, go play the games, or go to bed so that it doesn't overlap with any automatic game tracking.

On the topic of rep, who really gives a fuck? Sometimes people get negs as joke and sometimes they get negs for opinions. I've had negs for opinions and I really couldn't give a fuck if they got negged 20 times over. It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it, as well as you guys are entitled to tell me to STFU or neg me.

+1 if you agree! :awe:

Go to you Raptr page. Click 'You' at the top of the page if you don't know where this is.

In the 'Recent Activity' bar, click on the drop down menu and click 'Is Playing'. The next bar will change to your listed games. Drop down and find the game you are playing. Recent games will all be filed at the top for ease of use. Finally, select the drop down menu and select the time closest to the duration you have been playing for. Job done.

If you plan on playing a system that isnt automatically tracked and you know you are going to be playing for however long, put that time in. If you overplay what you estimated, just add it next time you come online to look at forums or whatever. Just note that once you update your status that it will not track anything you do while the time you set to expires. I normally set my times when I come to look at forums, go play the games, or go to bed so that it doesn't overlap with any automatic game tracking.

You dont think that's inellegant? It's certainly more effort than just doing nothing, which is what the 360 requires. Again, I'm not complaining that my stuff isn't tracked, only at the claim that it's a multiformat chart when it clearly isn't. It could be, granted, but it isn't.

Also who really sits down and thinks "I'm going to spend the next 53 minutes playing on my Wii, then I'm going to play on my iphone for 17 minutes". It's all surely going to be done after the fact, and by then it's not worth the effort

As for the rep, I don't love it as a system because I dont think it's done with equal measure (it's much easier to get a negative than a plus). But then I've had fun with it, I did try to see how low I could get and got to -20 at one point. I've deliberately courted it and I've dished it out (not all that often though). My point was entirely that what I'd written was very tame, yet I knew I was going to get negged for it. Only Hendo took the time to get in to a discussion about it.

If someone says something offensive then fine neg them, if you disagree with them then why not say why. Fuck knows we might even have a discussion on here if we do that

@Sly :lol: I gave you a +1 for making me laugh.

We should try having this as one week where everyone makes an effort and manually adds.

I should be getting Cave Story this week, maybe today, so I'll have a bash with that. In all fairness, all my gaming is either 360 or iPhone for the most part and iPhone games aren't on their lists.

It could be, granted, but it isn't.

That was my point yesterday, not that it was a true reflection of what everyone is playing but that there's no reason why it's only 360 or PC games included.

Further proof that it's not just a 360 chart, provided you can be arsed manually adding.

Rather than bitch that it's a bigger hassle tracking Wii or PS3 (or anything older than this gen) games, make the effort. I agree the current method for manually adding isn't great (and it would help if you could do it through their mobile app version) and according to their forum FAQ they know this and are working on something better, but there's really no alternative so it's either accept it or don't bother.

The biggest shame is that it's only MS that gives out their info, you'd think Sony at least would follow their lead.

The biggest shame is that it's only MS that gives out their info, you'd think Sony at least would follow their lead.

Mighty Mika, Lord of the Internet made a harvesting program to collect data from the Sony site and tbh it's a bit of a joke. That's probably why Sony stopped the sharing from open source because it isn't as robust as LIVE or Steam.

As for the rep, I don't love it as a system because I dont think it's done with equal measure (it's much easier to get a negative than a plus). But then I've had fun with it, I did try to see how low I could get and got to -20 at one point. I've deliberately courted it and I've dished it out (not all that often though). My point was entirely that what I'd written was very tame, yet I knew I was going to get negged for it. Only Hendo took the time to get in to a discussion about it.

I remember giving you bad rep for just a normal discussion post once, I also meant to give you neggy feedback on a birthday thread if I ever remembered. It's a lot of fun.

My rep is quite high, but the moment I feel too popular I just remind everyone of my thoughts on Uncharted, that usually knocks a few points off.

Yeah, I don't take it seriously. As for the chart, it isn't representative of everything we're playing but it it representative of games we are playing.

I'll try manually adding, but the type of games that need adding don't get played a lot. I've played Cave Story last week, but I don't think many others were so it wouldn't of charted anyway, it would just be my 5-6 hours or so, maybe someone else would of played a little. Plus, when it comes to multiformat games they are tracked seperately, I think if it was combined it would be better, but I don't know the work involved with doing that.

i think the chart is interesting, but not interesting enough for me to be bothered signing up for a website and manually entering any games i play thaat aren't on the 360, i'll just continue occasionally pointing out in here if i think i've played a game enough to get it on the chart :)

I've been sticking by my word and adding Cave Story to Raptr, luckily doing 3 hour sessions at a time mostly so picking the right time wasn't hard.

I figured best to put it in after a session had ended rather than when starting, but then Raptr says you will be playing it for 3 hours, rather than you have been, so the question is what happens to games played straight after that?

While it's counting the previous one can you manually add more to effectively put them in a queue or is it best to wait until that time has passed?

I would imagine that anything automatically tracked, like on the 360, would go into a queue or will it get lost forever?

What about automatic data collection? Does it stay in a queue or will it be lost forever?

Lost. :(

But its still really easy to do, right? emoticon-00148-yes.gif

sarcasm aside for a moment, I've been putting in my GT5 times on for the last few days, but each time I try it tell me to download the client to track trophy updates, but the client doesn't work on Mac (old ones anyway) so I've no idea if its added the times or not.

Ah this I can answer - go to your profile (that's the page with all your gamer tags and the "huge edit button", not the dashboard page) and you'll see your own most played chart on the right. Click on "7d" and you'll see if the previous times you've put in have registered.

On yours I can see 1 hour of Just Cause 2 and 3 hours of GT5.

Monday 13th of December - Sunday 19th of December 2010

1 - (4) - World of Warcraft (PC) - 45 hours

2 - (2) - Assassin's Creed : Brotherhood (360) - 29 hours

3 - (3) – Call of Duty : Black Ops (360) - 23 hours

4 - (RE) – Assassin's Creed II (360) - 18 hours

5 - (1) – Gran Turismo 3 : A-Spec (PS2) - 18 hours

6 - (NE) – Cave Story (WiiWare) - 13 hours

7 - (RE) – Halo : Reach (360) - 11 hours

8 - (5) – Battlefield : Bad Company 2 (360) - 11 hours

9 - (NE) – Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Decade Duels (XBLA) - 11 hours

10 - (NE) – Team Fortress 2 (PC) - 10 hours

Another varied and all over the place chart.

Assassin's Creed II will be Stoobie (I hope you're enjoying it, young man :fist: ), Cave Story was me, Yu-Gi-Oh! was Hinn and Team Fortress 2 would've been Sly I'm guessing.

Assassin's Creed II will be Stoobie (I hope you're enjoying it, young man :fist: )

Yep thats me and I am really enjoying it. I love the free running and dont mind the combat too much. I like the Templar missions and the Seals the best. Im up to chapter nine so this might still appear next week too :)

Played very little else all week. Apart from Dragon Quest 9.