Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Sly Reflex

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF, someone changed my post. <_<

:D I forgot to add the ;) smilie in.

Sorry about that, I realised my mistake so edited my post and then found that you quoted me. What a total douchebag.

No worries.

Tips for Hendo.

When getting rushed by the enemy and you find yourself in the middle of a reload, switch to your pistol. You nearly had me dead with primary fire, a pistol shot would have killed me outright. If you cannot do that, drop a grenade, it will make any rushing enemy think twice about rushing you. If you are been chased from behind, run in a doorway and throw a grenade at the opposing wall, it will bounce back and block the door way, giving you space to breath or even a kill on anyone gullible enough to fall for it.

When hiding in corners, remember that people might not be able to see your body, but will be able to see muzzles on large weapons such as sniper rifles and LMG's if you are facing the doorway. If you see this, grenade or GL the wall or run in and stab them before they know what hit them. Never hide next to an open area unless you really have to, because chances are it will only end in death.

If you have the WWII pistol you should equip it over the modern day one, it is like for like with the modern day one, but has a high damage rating. You'd be silly not to have it equipped as standard.

Yeah, don't reload the LMG unless you have support or have a nice quiet spot. Don't reload it for the sake of reloading either, it has enough ammo for an average lifespan, even without picking ammo up for it. Unless you have terrible problems dropping people with it, in which your case you don't as you killed me a fair few times with it.

especially as the gun I have with the medic takes an age to reload.

tell me about it, i'm so used to reloading after every kill (pretty important in halo) i keep doing it by accident, and it takes forever!

throwing grenades behind me while running away is something i always do in halo but i hardly use grenades in this - another thing i need to work on.

I forget about grenades sometimes to be honest, I usually facepalm because I know when I should of used one, usually after I'm dead. I never got in the habit of using those proximity sensors too. I try to now, usually putting one near the crate and one where someone could sneak up on me.

I'm getting annoyed at Conquest, I never win a game, I must constantly be put on shit teams. I don't bring much, its alot more open to attacks from any angle and defending a post is futile, attacking isn't much better. Its probably a case of learning the maps and playing in squad WYN to be successful, Rush with randoms is still possible so I'll stick with that in those cases, like L4D most people do still work as a team without communicating, not all the time put people understand their place and play to their advantage.

But I did get my first annoying brat today, things were either "gay" or "fail" and we got every boring detail about how he died every time.

The Current Bad Company 2 Server Situation

Written Monday, March 08, 2010 by Dan Webb

Anybody trying to get a multiplayer game of Bad Company 2 this weekend will no doubt have run in to what we're calling DICE-and-EA-serveritis - a condition that manages to cause massive server problems around the release of a highly anticipated game.

DICE have been keeping us updated all weekend, citing figures like, 400% more peak time traffic than any other Battlefield title to date and that fixing the server issues is a 110% priority, but what's the current status you ask?

A tweet earlier stated that the EA servers that are affecting the Xbox 360 issues are coming back online now and things will be at "full speed" come around 3pm GMT.

Can I be cynical and point out... PS3 + beta = no problems. 360 + no beta = server and load problems. Coincidence or just typical EA server issues?

I continued with my campaign earlier (got to the sand bit where you have 3 places to go to put on your map) and got invited into a game with picks, but couldn't get on at all. Couldn't join his game or even any multiplayer game. <_<

I continued with my campaign earlier (got to the sand bit where you have 3 places to go to put on your map) and got invited into a game with picks, but couldn't get on at all. Couldn't join his game or even any multiplayer game. <_<

yeah that sucked, liamario couldn't join me and ginja either, stupid ea servers

There are a lot of people playing this, it will be nice once it dies down a little and we get into the regime of playing in certain squads. As it is now it just seems to be a first come first serve basis and some people are missing out over it. I won't be giving up until I have wrung it's body dry and that, the play time for me has only just begun, but it does put me off when you get put on the reds and get constantly fucked over by people who are lighting up targets and whatnot.

There are too many people playing BC2 at the mo, I think I'll be on MW2 until it calms down.

Yeah, I remember having that problem when Modern Warfare 1 came out. Perhaps we should try to get a MFGamers session going.

I don't suppose it's any consolation, but your name was cursed several times last night as defninitely one of the most troublesome opponents. :P

when you get put on the reds and get constantly fucked over by people who are lighting up targets and whatnot.

what do you mean?

Putting your sights over the unit and pressing the back button highlights enemy units and vehicles, which then turn up as little red triangles on the screen and mini-map for the whole team.

There are too many people playing BC2 at the mo, I think I'll be on MW2 until it calms down.

Yeah, I remember having that problem when Modern Warfare 1 came out. Perhaps we should try to get a MFGamers session going.

I don't suppose it's any consolation, but your name was cursed several times last night as defninitely one of the most troublesome opponents. :P

What was pissing me off the most was two members of my squad were going recon everytime, what made it worse was they would sit on the same fucking rock, in the same window, bush, whatever. And because I didn't have that support I felt like I was on my own and if you're on your own you're gonna get fucked (which Ryan did on several occasions). Some teams I've found myself in have been okay but last nights were terrible.

As I said earlier, it's about on a par for me, I die a lot (on Normal difficulty) and the checkpoints aren't as often as I would like which can often make it hard to be arsed about going through that section again for the third time.

I've gotten a bit further, got to the "snow mobiles are for sissies" bit.

There was no achievement for winning the race, which seemed really wrong.

when you get put on the reds and get constantly fucked over by people who are lighting up targets and whatnot.

what do you mean?

The red team is always the enemy colour, and getting put on the enemy team when you have a few friends on is well annoying.

What was pissing me off the most was two members of my squad were going recon everytime, what made it worse was they would sit on the same fucking rock, in the same window, bush, whatever. And because I didn't have that support I felt like I was on my own and if you're on your own you're gonna get fucked (which Ryan did on several occasions). Some teams I've found myself in have been okay but last nights were terrible.

I think every time we saw each other we killed each other, like some sort of weird suicide pact. It was pretty rare one of us would come off alive.

EA has restated its "extensive paid digital content plan" for Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

During a today's Wedbush Morgan financial conference, lead money-man Eric Brown said game owners will have "multiple opportunities to spend five, 10 or 15 dollars on additional content in the next six months or so".

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 was another high-profile champion of Project Ten Dollar - EA's new initiative to provide DLC codes to first-hand buyers, who can redeem them for extra content worth around $10.

Brown said 85 per cent of BFBC2 players had activated their codes.

So it looks like we're not in for permanent free content then.